Campus visit tips?

<p>We are going to visit the Purdue campus tomorrow. We will attend the engineering session too. Is there any tips like where to park and where to eat?
Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>It’s gonna be a hot one tomorrow so be prepared! I’m not sure where the visits start, but there is free parking on russel and Waldron streets as well as in any location that says residence hall parking only. For food options, the dining courts are tasty but pricey at $11.75/person. There are plenty of restaurants in the basement of the union, and there are lots of restaurants in nearby Chauncey Hill.</p>

<p>Thanks for the response. We need to go the Armstrong Hall in the morning and Schleman in the afternoon. So there is no permit required for residence hall parking? They recommend to park in the Grant St garage which is pretty far away. The one on Northwestern is much closer and is right next to the visitor center too. I am just wondering why they do not recommend parking there. It would be great if you can give me some info on that.
Thanks.</p>

<p>Just came back from the visit. The trip going down there was good until the last 15 miles. The IN-25 got totally revamped and is not shown on neither of my GPS even with current maps loaded. It became a real freeway that there all the intersections are gone. The signs are also very limited. We were stuck on that highway driving back and forth for 30min. Finally I exited the highway and found a county office to ask for direction. That made my 4.5 hour drive 5 hour. Fortunately, we were just a couple minutes late.
We are very impressed by the food courts although we did not eat there. The engineering buildings are all very new. It was very hot for campus tour but we made it and the tour guide is awesome.</p>

<p>Just came back from the visit. The trip going down there was good until the last 15 miles. The IN-25 got totally revamped and is not shown on neither of my GPS even with current maps loaded. It became a real freeway that there all the intersections are gone. The signs are also very limited. We were stuck on that highway driving back and forth for 30min. Finally I exited the highway and found a county office to ask for direction. That made my 4.5 hour drive 5 hour. Fortunately, we were just a couple minutes late.
We are very impressed by the food courts although we did not eat there. The engineering buildings are all very new. It was very hot for campus tour but we made it even in the afternoon and the tour guide is awesome. The engineering tour in the morning was too brief and superficial.</p>

<p>If you have any questions about engineering, I might be able to help?</p>

<p>I’m a sophomore/ junior in Civil Engineering, so I should be able to answer some questions about First Year Engineering, or at least direct you to some resources.</p>

<p>Great. My D is going to apply for the ChemE program. What are the typical classes for freshmen engineering?
Thanks.</p>

<p>The northwestern parking garage is entirely permits only. As in you need an A (or maybe B parking pass works there too) to park there between 7-5 without being ticketed. The grant garage is considered visitor parking for some reason. And during the school year, permit is required for res hall parking. However, the only dorm open in the summer is Hawkins so the rest is free. </p>

<p>I used to be a cheme actually. As a freshman, you typically take calc 1&2, speech, freshman composition, physics 1, chem 1&2, and engr 131&132.</p>

<p>Naturaldistaster is correct, this site might help you too: <a href=“https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/Academics/FirstYear[/url]”>School of Engineering Education - School of Engineering Education - Purdue University;

<p>Thank you all for the info.</p>

<p>It turned out the campus is a bit smaller than I thought. So parking in the Grant is not that bad. We parked the car there just a few minutes before the session in Armstrong started, and we were just a couple minutes late at the end. There are a lot of construction going on, so some paths was partially blocked.</p>