Campus visit

<p>We are planning a campus visit on the way home from our spring break trip in March. My son got a letter outlining the scholarship offer for National Merit Semifinalists. The letter gave an e-mail address for setting up a special tour. I sent an e-mail and got the reply to go to the standard website that anyone visiting uses to schedule a campus tour/info session. Is this right? We visited another school that recruits nm students, and they put us up for the night, gave us football tickets, and scheduled an incredible personalized visit for my son. Just checking to make sure he’s not missing anything. Thanks for any info.</p>

<p>I assure you that the Honors College at UA will roll out the red carpet for you and give you a highly personalized tour. Contact Jami Gates at: 205-348-5599 or <a href=“mailto:jami.n.gates@ua.edu”>jami.n.gates@ua.edu</a>. Make sure that you explain you are NM folks.</p>

<p>I’d also recommend you contact Dr. Shane Sharpe, Dean of the Honors College, and notify him that you’re coming, that you’re NM folks, and that you’d like to meet him during your visit: 205-348-5500 or <a href=“mailto:ssharpe@ua.edu”>ssharpe@ua.edu</a>.</p>

<p>Bama wants you and there will be no mistaking that well before the end of your visit. The only caveat I might add is that if your spring break coincides with UA’s, the campus might be very quiet and key personnel may be out of town.</p>

<p>First you schedule your campus tour, then you contact Jami and give her your tour time and date. Also include your child’s stats and major.</p>

<p>Jami will arrange the rest of day based on your child’s major.</p>