Can Anyone comment on the Chemical Engineering program at Va Tech?

I live in NJ. I have already been accepted to Rutgers, Penn State, Minnesota, NC State and Purdue. I have received scholarships from Minnesota and NC State. I do not plan on attending Rutgers. That being said, all of the other universities have higher ranked ChemE programs.

However, I love the campus and Hokie pride at Va Tech. They are all expensive options with the exception of Minnesota which is cheaper than my in state option of Rutgers. Not sure I can take the cold though. Any info on the Va Tech ChemE program and internships or job opportunities afterwards is appreciated.

I had a few friends in ChemE. Two have graduated and are at a grad program at MIT and working full time for marathon. Two friends still at Tech have interned/co-op at several places. One of them got an internship as a freshman and then had a co-op with Exxon his sophomore year.

The cold in Blacksburg isn’t that bad depending on where you’re from, most people I know who have a hard time with it are usually from Virginia Beach or further south. The winter typically is only bad in November, January, and February since most students are gone from mid December to mid January anyway. There will be the rare snow storm in the spring though, but that’s not too bad.

Thanks. That’s great info. I just meant I wasn’t set for Minnesota cold. I think the climate in New Jersey is similar to Blacksburg. Glad to hear your friends have been successful.