Can anyone help me (OOS) calculate capped and uncapped GPA?

I am a bit confused still how to calculate GPA for UC schools. I am an out of state senior high school student. I was taking 3APs and 4 Honors in 10th grade, and 5APs and 2 Honors in 11th grade with one AP is A- and one AP is B+. My school gives quarterly grade and then has one final grade. How do I transfer this to UC uncapped and capped GPA?

Have you tried this site?

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Keep in mind that while your AP classes will receive a bump, your honors classes likely will not (out of state honors classes are often not recognized by the UCs).

Thank you! I believe I saw this tool before. But for example, I don’t know which one I should choose for the first dropdown box - Your school uses
semesters/quarters/years to assign grades. Like I said in the OP, My school gives quarterly grade and then has one final grade. The honor classes my school offers to 10th and 11th are like Honor Chem, Honor English, Honor USHistory.

What grades appear on your transcript? Quarterly grades or just a final grade?

Out of state honors classes are not recognized by the UCs in most cases, so you will likely not get a bump for those. You will get a bump for your AP classes.

only final grade on the transcript.

Then that is what you should use.

And how to use maximum 8 point rule? Totally I took 8 APs in 10th and 11th grades with one B+. Does capped 8 point rule mean I can only count 4 APs out of 8 APs? So it doesn’t matter if there is one B or not because I can keep 4 APs as 5 and the rest of APs will be 4 in the calculator, right?

You enter them all into the calculator and it will give you both capped and uncapped.

thank you very much! it works well

1 Like

Just remember as an OOS student, HS designated Honors classes do not get the extra Honors points. Only AP and IB classes taken 10-11th grades.

thank you for reminding. It looks like one B lower my UC GPA a lot to below 50 %

1 Like