Can anyone help?

<p>I recently went to an information session in philly for UM and they seemed to place a lot of emphasis on grades and not SAT scores. Now my SAT scores are pretty low (1640/2400) and (1060/1600) compared to their score ranges. I know being out-of-state might help, as will my 4.2 GPA, but do I have any chance, especially with the SAT scores.</p>

<p>My advice would be to take athe SAT's a couple of more times, and do some studying. It's bery competitive now to get in and you will need higher.</p>

<p>I would definitely do some prep work this summer and retake in the fall, you still have plenty of time and there are many study guides available. You might also consider trying the ACT. Some kids are better geared toward one test vs the other. Good luck, with a 4.2 , you show that you have the potential to score higher.</p>

<p>Take a look at the criteria for the different scholarships and then choose a target. That's what my son did. He then ended up taking the SAT 3 times, the first time getting a 1400/1600 then a 1420, and finally a 1480. In between he simply got one or two of the books available out there and did practice tests and self-taught himself some of the tips and techniques. Good luck. His GPA was similar, but the SAT score tipped him into the 3/4 scholarship range.</p>