Can I apply before the CSS Profile opens, even if requiring need-based aid?

Hello,

I have my CommonApp essentially finished, while I need to work on supplementals and ensure that all my ducks are in a row as regards recommendations, etc., I am certain that I could confidently submit an early application (most likely Princeton SCEA) during September, and want to get that bit over with, frankly. However, I would require full financial need coverage, which I know Princeton guarantees. Can I still apply that early and just submit the CSS Profile separately once I complete it, in early October?

Thank you,
Shiv.

Doesn’t Princeton have their own financial aid form that you use instead of the CSS Profile?

https://admission.princeton.edu/cost-aid/apply-financial-aid

The 2024-25 Princeton Financial Aid Application will be available October 2, 2023.

To answer specially…yes, you can complete your admissions application and then do the Princeton financial aid application when it becomes available to submit.

And then you will need to complete the FAFSA which won’t be available for filing until sometime in December. The website says this is due in November for EA applicants…but I don’t believe the form will be available for submission by then. You can call the financial aid office to check this date.

@Mwfan1921 do I have this right

Yes, agree to all of that, thanks for posting the link

1 Like

Thank you so much!

One more question-does this only apply to EA/ED applications? Can I submit my SCEA Princeton application and also applications to other schools (e.g., Northeastern), as long as I indicate that the latter are for regular decision (and, of course, rescind them in the case that I receive an acceptance for Early Action)?

Replying to this as well with the same question to you as I asked above.

Yes you can submit RD apps (like to NEU) along with the SCEA Princeton app. You can also submit early apps that Princeton SCEA allows:

• You may apply early to any public institution or service academy, as long as the decision is nonbinding.
  • You may apply early to any international institution, as long as the decision is nonbinding.
  • You may apply early to any college or university with a nonbinding rolling admission process.

https://admission.princeton.edu/apply/first-year-application-dates-deadlines

You do NOT have to rescind any other apps or acceptances if you are admitted to Princeton SCEA, because it is non-binding. You will have until May 1 to decide if you want to attend Princeton.

1 Like

Thank you so much! That is reassuring.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.