Can I apply for Summer and Fall

I applied for fall and got denied, so I was going to try and apply for summer with an easier major to get into. I withdrew my denied one just in case. I need to send my transcripts in the morning in order to make the deadline, but I don’t wanna pay for it if I can’t do it. Pls help!!!

From what everything on this site says, it doesn’t matter what your major is. They decide first if you will be admitted into the university, and then you are placed into your first or second major based on capacity. My opinion is that they already admitted the kids into Gateway that they will allow to start this summer, and that it won’t work. I’d hate for you to waste your money on reapplying and transcripts and such. Hopefully someone else will also comment so you know what you should do. Good luck!

Just call the admissions office and ask if it’s even a viable option.

@eaust12 I have not given a lot of time exploring the summer option but what I did find for summer is for continuing education and available to those who wish to take specific undergraduate coursework and do not wish to pursue a degree at Texas A&M University and transfer students applying for admission. Freshman applications are only accepted in Fall and Spring. I did not find where one can apply for freshman A&M admissions during the summer term. http://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/general-information/admission/#generalapplicationinformationtext

Have you considered applying to A&M Galveston? This might be an option for you, as several who did not get admission to College Station are doing. You should hear from Galveston right away but do not wait, as others are applying too that are not on this forum. Priority housing closes March 1 and Preview Day is March 2.

If you are accepted to Galveston and choose to accept the offer, be up front with the counselors. Tell them your plan is to transfer to College Station. They will advise you on the best course of action to transfer.

Here is the page on Change of Curriculum from TAMUG to TAMU. http://www.tamug.edu/admissions/Change_of_Curriculum.html

@Thelma2 I am right now a freshmen at blinn. I don’t want to leave cstat and plus I already have a lease for next year, I’m totally fine with blinn. If I did the thing you first were talking about would I still be able to transfer later? If so, where would I find that info.

@kaydeeloo I had 40 transferable hours and a 3.7 GPA I feel like general studies would be a piece of cake to get into. I got denied from nutritional science and zoology.

@eaust12 I see. I thought you were an incoming freshman. I don’t have any experience with transfers. Wishing you the best.

I too, thought you were an incoming freshman. There is no general studies major anymore. The “general Studies”, as I understand it, is for admitted students who are leaving one major and are in transition into another major, and they are in “general studies” while they get the necessary classes to satisfy the core curriculum for that major, if need be.

I am not familiar with transfers, sorry.