Can I apply to a uc with a D in my transcript?

<p>I know i know UCs require Cs or better and some even Bs or better. However, my question is, can apply to a UC with a D on my transcript with the intention of making it up by the time I transfer . I currently attend long beach city college and last semester was horrible, I got a C in film( don’t know how that happend) and a D in calculus. I was planning to transfer to ucsb for fall 14 but I don’t know about now. Basically I’m going to retake calculus this fall 2013 but the D is still going to show up because UC applications are due in November and the fall semester doesn’t finish till December. I got a feeling I just added another year to community college given the fact that UCs don’t take applications for spring.</p>

<p>It depends on your other grades. I know that you are guaranteed to get into most UCs with a GPA of like 3.9 or something, so if by chance you have amazing grades to make up for that, then yes. Otherwise, make it up as soon as possible and it should overwrite the old grade. I think you can apply with a D, but I don’t know for sure and I wouldn’t be able to comment on your chances.</p>

<p>I know some people who got Ds at my high school. They asked the administrators to change it to a P instead of a D.</p>