Can I change my major???

<p>I am an international student,and have been admitted for fall 2012
Since I applied very late I was not accepted for mechanical engineering as all seats had been filled by then, so I have been accepted to my second choice major Physics, but Mech engineering is all that interests me.
Is there any possibility that I can now change my major to Mech engineering now.
Do I have a real shot, at this?</p>

<p>My stats are-
SAT CR+Math-1400
SAT Math Level IIC-790
SAT Physics-740
AP
Calculus BC-4
" AB-4
Mechanics-5
Electricity and Magnetism-5
Chemistry-5
Statisitics-4</p>

<p>There is always a chance to transfer internally AFTER a couple of semesters. You basically have to prove yourself though and it is not automatic.</p>

<p>If you really want Mechanical Engineering, you should probably enroll in a school which has accepted you for that major from the beginning.</p>

<p>Alternatively look for an Applied Physics program. usually this has a lot of engineering incorporated.</p>

<p>The normal answer is no, you need to re-apply after so many credits. BUT, ask the department directly, state your case & see what happens - different major swap for us but we were able to make it happen with an exception to policy & excellent stats. Can’t hurt to try . I would suggest Monday as the drops start on Tuesday, May 1st and there may be an opening you could move into in your desired major(or at least get into engineering). Good luck!</p>

<p>[ESSAP</a> - Changing Majors](<a href=“http://essap.tamu.edu/change-major.htm]ESSAP”>http://essap.tamu.edu/change-major.htm)</p>

<p>I am not sure you can change major now prior your freshman. You can definitely change major after you start. Refer to the above link. At long as you make the grade and satisfy the requirement it is pretty easy if the space is available. The 1st year any Eng probably physic as well should be very similar. S2 change from CSE to EE in 2nd yr 2nd semester. Don’t change too ate though, after 2nd year (even earlier if you have a lot of HS credits transfer), the major diverge quite significantly. Doing at later stage may put a lot of pressure of your ability to graduate in 4 yr.</p>