Can i count purdue as a safety

<p>So i will be applying to purdue engineering oos by nov 15. I am still in the process of building a list of colleges and was wondering if purdue engineering was a safety, a match of a reach fro me.
Yes I have looked at college board stats etc, but the thing is purdue eng is highly ranked and i am sure it is much more difficult to get in than the other schools.
My stats-
3.98 uw
4.3 w
2250 sat
790 math
750 chem
700 physics
i have some ec's which i feel are good such as state level awards ( i don't want to list em out in case ppl recognize me)
So yeah just basically chance me kinda? and suggest where in the spectrum i can put purdue and if i need to put in a safety college on my list.
thanks</p>

<p>Definitely safety.</p>

<p>^ even the engineering school? I know purdue's engineering school is top notch, so i am guessing its much harder to get in than the rest of the school at purdue</p>

<p>it's definitely a safety for you...purdue accepts a whopping 78% of students...it's just that most of them don't end up graduating from purdue lol</p>

<p>yeah def. safety. with your grades your prob. gonna breeze through first year engineering...</p>

<p>I can echo the previous responses; you will get in. with scores like those, i would suggest the First Year Engineering Honors Program. Specifically, look into the learning community. I was in it last year and really enjoyed it. Yes, it was a lot of work that I didn't always like and the lead professor isn't always the greatest, but you'll have that in just about any class. Talking to friends in regular engineering, I was glad I took Honors. The majority of homework in regular engineering sounded too much like busy work (one assignment was to stand on the top of a parking garage and count the number and type of vehicles the passed by on the road below and then graph the data). However they are in the process of changing the curricula for the classes so it may be much different next year.</p>

<p>I'm international </p>

<hr>

<p>Hey! This message goes to all who're in this thread. I am Abhushan and am currently doing A levels ?(Senior Year ) in Nepal. could you tell me the difference between applying on Nov 15 AND Jan 15..... Also I couldnot find a single thing mentioned about aid package for international students in their website( except for federal grants made for US students only. But I do know there are 15 Nepali students studying there currently. So there must be sth. I tried contacting them by email and phone on Saturday and Sunday but all in vain . Please help me! </p>

<p>you can also send me anything (material) related to this topic in my address <a href="mailto:abhushan_14@hotmail.com">abhushan_14@hotmail.com</a> . plz help me!!!
Edit Report Problem Post Reply<br>
Gurung
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Gurung
Send email to Gurung
Find More Posts by Gurung
Add Gurung to Your Contacts </p>

<p>Today, 08:56 PM #5<br>
Gurung
New Member</p>

<p>Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5 hey what form's do we need to fill out for the admissions process. I just want to check whether I 've got all things ready for january deadline.........</p>