Can I do my EE on astrology?

<p>I don't have the essay coming up yet, but I would like to know now before I set my mind on it. If not, can I do it on Greek mythology? And as a last resort, could I do it on neuroscience?</p>

<p>your EE has to be based on a subject that you’re taking. neuroscience should be fine if you’re taking psychology or biology. astrology if you’re doing physics, MAYBE. not sure about Greek mythology though… you should contact your EE advisor just to make sure.</p>

<p>That isn’t true, my EE is on a subject that I am not taking.</p>

<p>However, you would have to categorize your extended essay into one of the subject areas - maybe a history extended essay about the history of astrology and its cultural significance?</p>

<p>Also you should note that an extended essay in the sciences requires you to conduct an experiment. I’m not sure how likely it is you’ll get to experiment on people’s brains, but neuroscience is probably out.</p>

<p>Greek mythology is a good option and would probably fall under the history category.</p>

<p>Your EE doesn’t have to be on a subject you’re taking.</p>

<p>I did mine on astronomy, even though there is no IB astronomy class (and I never took regular astro either)</p>

<p>The EE does have to be connected to one of the main subjects though. In the case of astronomy mine was physics based.</p>

<p>Maybe astrology/greek mythology can be under history, but check with your IB coordinator to be sure</p>