Can I double major?

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I was accepted into the Miami school of marine science. I am interested in this major, but I was wondering if it was possible to do another major-say, engineering-at the same time. Does anyone know if this is possible/not allowed?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>you can definitely double major, even triple major, but i'm not sure if you can double major with engineering and something else. i remember the admissions director came to my school and i asked if it was possible to double major in engineering and communications and he said no because each has its own specific track, but i think that you can probably do engineering and a liberal art major at the same time. call or email the admissions office and they'll let you know.</p>

<p>I wonder if Bright Futures will cover a second major, or if another 30k + of tuition will be added on</p>

<p>lol good question. i have no clue.</p>

<p>for the most part, double majoring is not a problem.
if you are in the school of comm. you take a second major in arts and sciences. if you are in education, you take a second major in arts and sciences. Each school has their own specific rules regarding how you can double major.
I do not think it is possible to do a double major in engineering and marine science because the engineering program is so intense and track specific. However, I may be wrong.
Either way, having two majors does not cost you any additional money, so long as you can complete both in your four years worth of alloted credits.</p>