Can I get accepted into Virgini Tech's College of Engineering

I have a 4.0 Weighted GPA
Composite Act of 25 (26 math, 24 English)
Volunteered 100 plus hours
Interning at an engineering firm
Track and field and golf
Live In SoVA
Regular decision

ACT is low, think it will be tough with those numbers
Can you retake and bring it up - especially the math score?
What’s your UW GPA, what math are you currently taking? How are your math and science grades?

My UW is 3.8. I have an A+ in AP physics and a B+ in AP calc

If you get at least a 30 on the ACT you will get in

But I have already done the last deadline for the act and sat test for Virginia Tech. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances?

@nasteeR if I can get it up to 28 will I still get in

Engineering is very competitive. The average on their website is a 27-28 but engineering is around 30. If you get a 28 but above 30s on English and math, you have a good chance.

Can you get a solid letter of recommendation from the engineering firm you are working for? It would be especially helpful if that person was a graduate of VT engineering and noted that in the letter.
Are you male or female? Being the latter might be a plus
Make sure your semester end grades are outstanding - A’s if at all possible. They will look at that if you’re on the border.
Has your HS sent many grads to VT - especially engineering and have they been successful?

@JustGraduate I have all A’s as of right now for my first semester and i’m a male. I don’t know how many grads my HS sent to VT. I have a recommendation from the firm. Can I take another SAT/ACT even though it will pass the application deadline

@GambinoisAlive don’t know another SAT. Suggest you call admissions office and ask. They may be closed next week, not sure, but all university offices will reopen Jan 3

BTW good job on the grades. That’s great. Try to keep especially math and science at A if at all possible. My son knows from experience they check that for at least some that are on the bubble

@JustGraduate Thanks for the advice and help

Good luck to you, hope you get in!

@nasteeR Do you think a 1340 combined sat (710 math and 630 English/reading) can get me into vt engineering program

I got a 1320 in my SAT. Do I have good chance of geting in VT?

@GambinoisAlive You have a good chance because math is high

@nasteeR what about a 31 math and 29 English on the act

I got into vt engineering with a 670 math score and a 640 reading score, so I think your stats are good enough.