Can I get In? Please help!

<p>Hi guys, I am a junior right now and I really want to go to Purdue. What are my chances of getting in? Here is my info:</p>

<p>3.18 GPA<br>
26 ACT</p>

<p>Out of State (Illinois) - In SOS, Teen Court, and FBLA
Money is not a problem (Volunteer stuff)</p>

<p>3 years of football
2 years of tennis</p>

<p>Job at Six Flags Great America</p>

<p>Do you think I can get in? I just took another ACT in Febuary, it is hopefully higher. I have all A's right now and if I can keep them there my GPA will be higher. And I am also taking 3 AP classes senior year.</p>

<p>Do you guys think I can get in?</p>

<p>Thank You SO MUCH!</p>

<p>What major will you be applying for?</p>

<p>For the ACT, you are at exactly the 50% mark right now.</p>

<p>You fall in the bottom 25% of those at Purdue for GPA.
40% had h.s. GPA of 3.75 and higher
25% had h.s. GPA between 3.5 and 3.74
15% had h.s. GPA between 3.25 and 3.49
14% had h.s. GPA between 3.0 and 3.24
6% had h.s. GPA between 2.5 and 2.99</p>

<p>Really, it shouldn’t be a problem. Especially if you have all A’s now.
I would guess you get in.</p>

<p>i think it’s easier for humanities majors to get in</p>

<p>my stat:
UW GPA 3.01
SAT 1480/2400 :(</p>

<p>major: psychology</p>

<p>Chiaraorsolino is right. If you are applying into Agri., Engineering, Krannert, etc. you will have a hard time getting in.</p>

<p>If you are applying to Education, Human Sciences, or Liberal Arts. I imagine that if you are admitted it will be USP.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>EDIT: Saw that you are a junior, if you get A’s for the next two semesters, depending on courseload, you have a decent chance at the better colleges within Purdue.</p>

<p>Wow, Chiaraorsolino. Not to be mean but you are really lucky to get in with those stats. I guess it is easy if you aren’t applying engineering then.</p>

<p>Actually… certain stuff in HHS are pretty tough to get in.</p>

<p>I thought Purdue was a rather tough school to get into? Can someone comment on its pharmd program?</p>

<p>You’re only a Junior. Study hard next year, raise your GPA at 1st semester and retake ACT and aim as high as you can.</p>

<p>Purdue was quite easy a few years ago when I applied (Fall 2008) then as the years went by it got harder and harder. There are certain schools and programs that are harder than others. School wise it is obviously stuff like FYE and Krannert. Program wise it would be like CS, Nursing, Pharm., Flight, etc.</p>

<p>I think you need at least a 3.5GPA during your freshman year but the average supposedly was a 3.8? My fraternity brother is in the actual Pharm. program and my friend got into the program but got a C later in the semester so the acceptance was taken away. The whole GPA thing is what my friend told me so yeah I’m taking his word for it.</p>