Can I get in? Purdue Engineering Class of 2024

hi I am a senior
applied to Purdue Engineering
Aerospace engineering major
GPA - Unweighted: 3.604, weighted: 3.76
SAT composite - 1470 (800 math and 670 reading/writing)

Am I a competitive candidate for Purdue Engineering for Class of 2024?

According to their Data Digest, last year’s engineering entry class had an SAT average of 1414, a GPA of 3.79 and a core GPA of 3.74.

The data looks a bit wonky, but it appears that the GPA 25th percentile was in the 3.6 to 3.7 range.

What was your course rigor - number of honors and AP courses? A typical weighting of .5 for honors and 1 for AP would indicate a somewhat low number of these, but there are so many weighting schemes it’s hard to tell.

With this assumption, I’d say it’s a bit of a reach, but not out of the question. You’ll need strong EC, essays, recs, etc.

Good luck!

Last year, I took 1 AP course (AP Physics 1) and 3 honors (PreCalc H, Spanish III H, and US History II H), and I got a 4 on the AP Physics 1 exam.

This year, I am taking 5 APs (AP Chemistry, AP Calculus AB, AP Physics C, AP Statistics, and AP Principles of CompSci) and 1 honors course (English H)

Also, I am in Varsity Tennis, Winter and Spring Track, Leader of Chess Club, Math Team, Leader of Stem Club, etc.

I was at an information session in North Jersey last year. Your overall GPA is really not that important. Grades in Science and Math are what really matters, and how tough those classes are. I hope you applied early, was told that was really important for engineering.

I applied early action, and also, I got an 800 on my math 2 SAT.

Did you get in ?

@BluEyeL yes

Congratulations!

I got deferred from purdue EA, what are the chances I get accepted. Here are my stats:
I wanna major in Civil Engineering. Also, I am North African. (If that helps…)
GPA 3.86
SAT 1340 (760 Math and 580 English)
First Generation
In-State
Couple of years of Lacrosse
Math Honors Society
A year of working/Job Experience
Captain of the League of Legends Esports Club (I know, but its something alright)
Self-Taught Programming
I have had an A in every math class I have ever taken
I have been a year ahead in math since 4th grade

Notable Classes:
AP World History
AP US History
AP Calculus BC
AP Physics 1
DE Intro to Engineering
DE Differential Equations and Calc lll (Vector Calculus)
AP English Literature
AP US Government
AP Physics C
AP Sci Sem Physics C

@volty123 - This is the first cycle that Purdue has deferred a large number of applicants so I think it’s going to be hard to predict.

That said, I would think that you’ll be accepted, especially as an instate applicant. The only red flag I see is your english sub-score but everything else is great.

If Purdue is accepting midterm reports, have your GC counselor send it along with any new awards or accomplishments that have happened since you sent in your application.

ohh crap, I didnt mean to put in-state. Im out of state.

@BluEyeL thank you!

Where exactly from North Africa ???