Can I get in-state tuition?

<p>I have researched a lot about being eligible for in-state tuition and I have decided that it is not easy.</p>

<p>But a few days ago, my friend (who I will be rooming with at Purdue) told me that his family might buy a house in Indiana. With that said and assuming he does buy a house in Indiana, would we BOTH be able to qualify for in-state tuition right away or would only HE qualify for in-state tuition? If only HE qualifies for in-state tuition, can I still qualify after a year (like for my sophomore year)?</p>

<p>Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>I went up to Purdue and talked to an adviser about the same thing (buying a house and what not)
i cant remember her exact reason but no.
she said it was basically impossible to get IS tution</p>

<p>If you’re from Illinois, maybe. I believe there are a few people from Illinois who pay in-state tuition at Purdue and some people from Indiana who pay in-state tuition at UIUC.</p>

<p>Someone told me on another forum that you have to get a job, work the job for about a year, live in a residence in which YOU pay rent and have proof that you live there, to qualify. Not sure how much of this is true, but I am also trying to get in state tuition. I’ll have to talk to an advisor about it.</p>

<p>Purdue is supposedly strict with giving in-state tuition. If you want to try and see you have to live in the state on Indiana for a year and work. You cannot apply to any other school during this time or attend a school. After showing you had residence in Indiana for a year, see for yourself. However, all this time could be a waste since you would be graduating a year later from your expected date. You might also not get admitted back to Purdue also if you didn’t do so well.</p>