Can I get in to Hampshire?

<p>ok so I'm a senior in Ethiopia and I applied to Hampshire ED. I have a 3.9GPA great extracurriculars and 112 on the toefl ibt
but I have a low SAT 1310 composite. not to mention I applied for financial aid. so I just wanna know what my chances of getting admitted are. </p>

<p>thanks :)</p>

<p>While your SAT scores are indeed low, you can make up for that if you do a very good job of writing your essays on the common and supplemental applications. It is my impression that Hampshire places a higher emphasis on writing ability than on SAT scores. The fact that you applied for financial aid should not have much bearing as to whether or not you are accepted (although it will obviously play a central role in whether or not you choose to go). With good essay questions on your application, I think that you can get in.</p>

<p>Sorry to be so dense, but 1310 with or without writing? If it’s without the writing component you are still in the game.</p>

<p>@ALF thanks, i hope ur right
and </p>

<p>@Vot123 its without writing :)</p>

<p>Oh. When you wrote ‘composite’, I assumed that you meant that your score was a combination of three SAT tests. If your score does not include the writing portion, then I would change my answer. In that case, your scores are higher than the average for incoming students to Hampshire ([2012</a> Entering Class Profile](<a href=“http://www.hampshire.edu/admissions/5273.htm]2012”>FAQ: For Prospective Students | Hampshire College)).</p>

<p>Again, however, even with these SAT scores, you will need to have a well-written application.</p>

<p>@ALF thanks I thought their average scores were near 1500 :slight_smile:
so nervous about everything. guess I’ll just have to wait and see…</p>

<p>I got in without any test scores and a lower GPA (3.5), Hampshire cares more about creativity and the whole person than a few numbers.</p>

<p>@Kinderlissie I sure hope so :slight_smile: </p>

<p>thanks :)</p>

<p>@Saymiti - my older son is a Div II student at Hampshire and didn’t submit SAT scores at all. Hampshire is test-optional so no worries there. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>ED1 or ED2? Do you know what the decision is?</p>

<p>Let me know!
:)</p>

<p>I applied ED2</p>

<p>You sound pretty well off to me! Hampshire doesn’t put much weight on SAT scores, so if everything else is good, you are on track!</p>

<p>@SAYMITI, you will get into Hampshire, they care most about writing skills & creativity, than SAT scores. I submitted mine when I applied, but only because my high school insisted I send them (they didn’t “get” Hampshire). You are also applying to a college that truly values diversity. Hope you got in.</p>