Can I Get In With A 3.2 GPA (87 average)?

<p>I would really like to attend Geneseo, but with my low average I'm not sure I can get in. If it helps, my crit/math SAT score was a 1390, but I don't know if that'll be enough. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting in? All help is very appreciated.</p>

<p>Well, as you know your GPA puts you below the 25th percentile. Your SAT score provides some support for your abilities. If that GPA is based on a “most demanding” curriculum (lots of APs, Honors, Dual Enrollment courses) that will help your case as well. Will you have taken 4 years (or more) of math, science, English, social studies and foreign language? </p>

<p>Do you bring anything else to the table? I know a local student who was admitted to Geneseo last year with a slightly better GPA, much lower test scores and several "D"s in core academic courses on his transcript. However, he was a DIII caliber athlete who is now participating in his minor sport at Geneseo.</p>

<p>youll get in</p>

<p>i had a 2.7 gpa in high school, minor extra curricular activity, and 1’s on Ap Stat and ap Art history. i had a combined 1480 Sat (780 math, 700 reading) and that was pretty much it.</p>