Can I get in?

<p>I really want to get into Geneseo and major in education but I'm scared that I won't get in. </p>

<p>My junior year just ended and I currently have a 3.3 (88) gpa. I took my SAT once and got a 1700, which I know is low for Geneseo but I am studying all summer and taking it again in October. I will have graduated with 2 APs, AP Bio and AP Stat. I also have taken 2 honors math courses (Pre-Calc and Algebra II/Trig) as well as an honors Theatre class. I have also taken Science Research for all four years in high school and am conducting research at Columbia this summer for the Intel Science Talent Search. </p>

<p>I have a lot of volunteer work like working at soup kitchens, working with special ed children, etc. I am also the president of my synagogue youth group and the event coordinator for my school's drama club. Lastly, I am a member of the International Thespian Society.</p>

<p>I want to apply ED but I want to know first if I can get in or how I can improve.</p>

<p>Hi, I’ll be a freshman at Geneseo in the fall so the admission process is very fresh in my mind! Your GPA and scores may be slightly low, but since you took so many honors/AP courses and have a wonderful volunteer record, I think you’ll be a very competitive applicant, Geneseo’s big on service and leadership, so I think you should feel confident (especially ED).</p>

<p>Thank you so much! I’m working really hard to raise my GPA and SAT scores so then I’m even more confident about getting in. I didn’t realize Geneseo is so big on community service so thanks so much!</p>

<p>I just visited the campus today, I’m a senior in high school and am in the same boat as you. I have a low gpa and i’m pretty nervous about it. But they said APs are really important. There are also a lot of additional essays you can submit. Get your name known at Geneseo as well. Its my top choice too. Early decision will really help you out. </p>

<p>Doesn’t really help but I had an 82 GPA and a 2090 SAT and got in through regular admissions. It’s a crapshoot; fifty kids from my school applied and 49 were accepted. Nevertheless, try as hard as you can to boost your GPA and SAT scores.</p>

<p>If 50 applying and 49 being accepted is a crapshoot I want to go where you are gambling!</p>