Can I get in?

I am currently a Junior in high school in Wisconsin. I have a 4.2 weighted GPA, I have no idea my unweighted, somewhere around 3.7-3.8. My grades are all A’s and 2 B’s in all honors/AP classes so far this year and won’t change much this semester. I haven’t taken the ACT yet but I will probably get a score between 27-32. I have played a lot of sports freshman and sophomore year but quit them due to injuries and lack of playing time. I still play tennis though. I volunteer with special olympics and a lot through my church. I’m in business and national honor society, and I participate in FBLA(business club). So will I get in or no?

Maybe. Post again when you’ve got your actual ACT score.

Is there anything more I should do to boost my chance of acceptance?

Do well on the ACT.

Keep your GPA up and continue to challenge yourself in your coursework. Junior year grades would be the last opportunity to shine before everything is baked into the admissions cake.

You might want to calculate your uw GPA using the following scale A=4, A-=3.67, B+=3.3, B=3, etc. Multiply each value by the credit earned (usually 1 credit but some classes might be .5 or whatever) and then divide that sum by number of total credits. All admissions offices look at uw GPA so it’s helpful for the applicant to understand what it actually is.

FYI average ACT from admitted WI residents has been around a 28. 30 or higher will have a very high probability of admission.

Good luck to you!

Thank you

Take every practice ACT or SAT test you can. Study and use a guide or tutor. Score high on either test and with your grades and extracurricular activities you’ll increase your chances.