Can I get in?

<p>Hello, I'm applying as a international student to Purdue Engineering.
I moved to Ohio 5 years ago from Japan because of my father's assignment (auto engineer for H***A.)
I took 2 Sat's. One in June and One in October.
June: 490Writing, 550 reading and 690 math.
Oct: 540 writing, 500 reading and 680 math.
I took AP US and World history, AP Calc AB and AP Chem.
I got 4 on AP US and 5's on WH, Calc and Physics B.
My weighted GPA is 4.001 and UW around 3.6.
I have very little community service and I couldn't work legally because of my visa. (I put that on my apprication.)
I am a 4 year varsity swimmer and will be 3 time state qualifier. Also, I'm a captain of the team.
I know my SAT scores are very low, but do they consider that fact that I'm not a native English speaker? (I asked my guidance person to include it in the recomendarion.) Would that and my AP scores make up for my bad SAT scores?
Thanks!</p>

<p>I can still see you getting in. Be sure to send in your AP Calc scores to Purdue also since it may help your 690 Math Score. Your stats are not spectacular but it is reach-match for you, however I think you got a good chance on getting accepted.</p>

<p>Purdue look at one seat score? GPA 3.6 is enough, but SAT 1720? enough?</p>

<p>Purdue still superscores I believe. From what I just calculated her overall SAT score is 1780. However she does have that 690 Math score which is pretty low for perspective-Engineer students to be honest. But she does have that 4 in the AP Calc exam which may help “raise” her math score. Purdue kind of gives some slack for Internationals imo from what I’ve seen at Purdue cause I have a few international friends from Korea and Taiwan.</p>

<p>Thanks for replies!
Helped me a lot.
I think Purdue superscores SAT (not ACT though).
I know my 690 math is low, but I really hope 5 in Physics B and Calc BC will make it up.
I wants hear more from you people, so don’t hesitate to give me your honest opinions about my chance.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Jimgotkp : Are you an Engineer student of Purdue? I did check the stats for Purdue, seems it’s not too high? GPA > 3.75 33% 3.50-3.75 32% 3.0-3.5 32% some less than 3.0
Mid 50% SAT 1520-1870?</p>

<p>^ Mercury…as far as I’m aware, Purdue does superscore the ACT, too.</p>

<p>superscore the ACT/SAT? SAT/ACT is more important than GPA?</p>

<p>Even though it’s like that he has a good chance still. He shows he can do math with his AP Calc score especially. He has over a 500 on CR which is pretty average and acceptable if your math score is good. If he doesn’t get into the FYE program then they’d probably offer him the Undergraduate Studies Program for a year.</p>

<p>and no I’m not an engineer. I have a lot of friends who are in the engineering program currently.</p>

<p>Jimgotkp : you didn’t answer my question, Are you an Engineer student of Purdue?</p>

<p>Open your eyes. Look at the post right above yours currently.</p>

<p>Jimgotkp : maybe you can talk with admission guy, and give us more information regarding admission…</p>

<p>Jimgotkp : my eye is opening at 10:58:30, you didn’t answer my question at that time. Ha Ha.</p>

<ol>
<li>Maybe you should give the admissions office a call. </li>
<li>Not all admissions people are guys.</li>
</ol>

<p>Maybe it’s a good idea that everyone who posted a “chance me” thread give admissions office a call, ask them to chance him. :)</p>