Can I get into A&M? chance me please

<p>I'm planning on applying to A&M soon and was wondering if I have any chance of getting in. Could you chance me? I am dying to get in!</p>

<p>I am applying to the school of Geosciences and liberal arts. My application includes two great essays and three raving recommendations. I will also include a resume.</p>

<p>Location: Texas
College Class Year: 2011
High School: Public
High School Type: sends some grads to top schools
Will apply for financial aid: Yes</p>

<p>Academics:</p>

<p>GPA - Unweighted: 3.6/4
GPA - Weighted: 3.8/4
Class Rank: 29% (209/700. After January I will move up to 180/700 or so. Do they factor in senior year grades, I had mono last year so I dropped from the top 15% of my class to 29%. I worked my butt off and currently have a 98/100 average for senior year but transcripts aren't updated until January.)
Met the recommended coursework, total of six AP classes and tons of other pre-ap classes. 5 years of foreign language.
Class Size: 700</p>

<p>Scores:</p>

<p>SAT I Math: 610
SAT I Critical Reading: 760
SAT I Writing: 700
Total:2070</p>

<p>ACT:26 (Not sending..)
AP Spanish(3), AP World History (5), AP US History (3), AP English Lang. (3)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
130 Volunteer Hours
Operated web design business for last 3 years
Member of Church group for 4 years
Guitar player and tutor for 4 years
Karate for 2 years
Spanish Club for 3 years
Business Professionals of America 1 year
Green Cord Community Service Club, 1 year
Art and Design Club 1 year
Environmental Club 1 year
Designed t shirts, posters, and artwork for school clubs/plays</p>

<p>you should get your application in asap. You are a review admit, admissions opened on August 1st you are already behind. I would apply now and then have your high school send your mid year transcript. Hopefully it will arrive before the end of the application time and your class rank will have changed upward. You have good SAT scores, good ec’s, volunteer hours, etc.
Have you shown any interest in A&M by official campus visits, touring the college of your choice? Have you been to a remote admissions center - they can be of great help to review admits. Have you done any of the events made for High School Jr/Sr’s? Showing interest is important to A&M, especially to a review admit like you.</p>

<p>dude i think u got a pretty good chance haha but ur close real close</p>

<p>chance me?hey guys i kno the deadlines are coming up but ive been real worried</p>

<p>i got to a pretty hard high school…really really competitive least to say my rank is 26%
i really want to get into texas a&M</p>

<p>my sat is a 1990 with a 710 in math and 600 in reading and a 680 in writing
my act is a 30 composite</p>

<p>ive been involved in lots of religious activities, play an instrument and did concerts
i also was an active varsity debate for 4 years</p>

<p>i have taken the hardest classes available to me including the class calculus bc now
my ap scores are 4 on apush and 5 in ap lang</p>

<p>i kno im a review admit barely but chance me?</p>

<p>Thank guys
ill also chance people who want me too</p>

<p>@catcher: my son also in very competitive prep high school. He was 26/103 and has been offered admission. TAMU has admitted kids from my son’s high school who were #50/100 and they have done well, so TAMU is familiar with our high school rigor. </p>

<p>You are so close to meeting the academic auto admissions cut off between your scores and your rank. So what is left to do? Show interest in the school. </p>

<p>Get your application in ASAP. Visit TAMU, if at all possible. If there is an optional essay, talk about YOUR passion for the school and what TAMU means to YOU.</p>

<p>Best wishes!! (Get going on that application)</p>

<p>You’re totally getting in. don’t worry.
I got a 1660 in my SAT and 3.97 GPA. No AP tests. 800 + community hours. </p>

<p>You’re practically have a guarantee admission.</p>

Hi, did you have something special like athletics. One of my friends who is averagely intelligent got into Rice University because he ran his own business since 9th grade (Computer Science group that created programs for local small businesses.)