can i get into mays business?

m a white male junior at a public highschool in texas hoping to major in something business related

i have a 4.95 unweighted gpa 3.71weighted
rank 60/625

i have some volunteer hours but not a lot
in elite varsity swimming all years
will get work experience during the summer
will have taken 8-9 ap classes after highschool finishes
rest of classes are honors all years except one regular class in us history
1230 sat which is not good but im taking it again

I made mostly a’s with some b’s the first 2 years but this year is much harder and i am making mostly b’s with some a’s and by b’s i mean low b’s this year is really getting to me. By the end of this year i will inevitably slip outside the top 10% but will be just outside it. Did i do too bad this year or do i still have a chance?

Thanks for the help

Did you mean to have them be opposite? I can’t see how you would have a higher UW gpa compared to W gpa.

That’s pretty bad because you will slip from auto-admit. Is it too late to try your best and retain your class rank? It’s just a month more of school and then you are pretty much done (admissions only counts first 6 semesters).

From looking at your GPA from last fall, it appears your class rank has been decreasing. Is there any reason for that to have happened?

If your SAT can’t get high enough to fulfill the requirements for Academic Admit (Rank+SAT), you will be stuck in review admit, which is the worst option.

So you should really try to get a good SAT score or you might be in a sticky situation.

Be sure to apply early to improve your chances. Other than that, everything looks good (being a white male doesn’t help, but at least you aren’t Asian like me :frowning: ). EC’s are pretty decent and GPA looks good, you just need to improve that SAT (or try ACT).

yeah i got the gpas mixed up and my grades fell this year because i didnt adjust to the harder classes that well and i’ve been consistently told I would get in no problem so my stress levels have been pretty low

@tAlbatross

…wh…wha…what?

Dear lord, did you just say that you haven’t been trying hard because you thought you would get in easily without any issues?

You were told that you would get in no problem because you were in the top 10%. People who told you that obviously assumed you were going to do better (because that is usually what happens as you progress throughout school). They probably didn’t account for the fact that your grades would get worse and you would drop out of the top 10%.

Yes, a year ago, or even a semester ago, you would have got in easily (Top 10% means automatic admission). But now, you don’t even have academic admit (which requires top 25% and 1360 SAT). You are now a review admit, which means that you are at the bottom of the rung when it comes to admission consideration.

Right now, the only thing to do is study for the SAT and pray that you score high enough to make academic admit (otherwise your chances are extremely low).