can i get into NYU with 2 years lab science?

<p>Hi. I am going to be a junior this September and I am in NY. I just got my program card that says I have earth science this year which is not a laboratory science class due to I got lower than 85 on chem regent. I regret so much that I didn't study harder, and I am so scared because NYU is my dream school and they say they recommend their students to take 3-4 years laboratory science classes. So I am just wondering if I can still get into NYU stern with 2 year lab science? Does it hurt a lot? Or can I take physics senior year? ( I took biology freshmen year and chem sopheromore year) please help me !!! Thank you very much!!!</p>

<p>PSAT score ? </p>

<p>take physics senior year, they will see your course schedule. They care about what you have by the time you graduate.</p>

<p>What they mean lab science is science classes (with or without lab) in contrast with social science. That is what one admission officer told me during a campus visit.</p>

<p>i am sure i will get 2200+ on SAT</p>

<p>yes i hope i can take physics senior year, but my school require 85+ on chem regent to take physics, and i only gt 73…so i am worry…dont know if i can get 85+ on earth science regent and still get physics</p>

<p>so you mean earth science counts as a lab science too??? but i did some research on google, and some people say earth science isnt, (only biology, chem and physics are)</p>

<p>Check with your guidance counselor, but in most high schools, earth science has a lab component and would be considered a lab science.</p>

<p>If NYU recommends 3-4 years of a lab science, you should definitely try to take 3 years of a lab science. If you take physics senior year, that still counts, even though you will not have finished the class by the time you apply. Just make sure you study for your earth science regent!</p>

<p>Okay…thank you everyone very much for replying me! And I’ll definitely go check with my counselor when school begins…also, I heard that earth science in my school does has lab component, so it counts as a lab science??</p>