Can I get into Purdue?

<p>Unweighted GPA: 3.22
Weighted GPA: 3.4
ACT Score: 29 (math: 34, English: 23, Reading:29, Science: 30)
Out of State
Major: Pre Pharmarcy</p>

<p>Honors/AP: AP Chemistry, AP Calculus BC, Honors Elementary Function/Calculus A, Honors Spanish II, Honors Physics, Honors Chemistry, Honors Algebra II</p>

<p>Extra Curricular: Soccer 2 years ( Captain freshman year ), Tennis 3 years (Captain Sophomore year), 4years Asian Club, 3 years Chess Club, Church Youth Group 4 years (vice President Junior year, President Senior year)
200 hours Service hour time.
Great one recommendation.</p>

<p>I applied few days ago</p>

<p>Chances look good.
The only thing that looks weird is that you quit soccer after 2 years considering you were captain your freshman year.
^That shouldn’t be a problem though.</p>

<p>You will likely get into Purdue, but probably not as a pre-Pharmacy major. One of the most competitive at Purdue. You may be admitted and asked to choose another major. You could always go in as essentially undecided and then map your first year to a Pre-Pharmacy major–and then really perform as a freshman. You would really need something like 3.5-4.0 to be competitive then to try and make that switch. If you dig deep, it is really a small number of students who move on from sophomore year and get into the program–If I remember–like 100-200 or so spots. So you need to do very well.</p>

<p>My brother graduated from Purdue in this area–he has done very well in his career. Just as an FYI, there are other schools that provide more spots in their Pharmacy programs–such as Butler in Indiana.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Wasn’t November 15 firm deadline for Pre-Pharmacy applications?</p>

<p>gotous is right.
“November 15 firm* deadline: Nursing, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prepharmacy, and Veterinary Technology”
^from the Purdue website</p>

<p>It would be a pretty good chance if u apply before their recommended deadline. Now I would say 50% 50%.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>i saw your response on college confidential about admission to purdue university pre-pharmacy program.</p>

<p>I am currently a senior in high school and is also applying to that exact pre-pharmacy program in purdue. i was wondering if i had a chance.</p>

<p>my stats:</p>

<p>GPA (unweighted): 3.37
ACT: 33
SAT2 chem: 680
SAT2 math: 780
SAT2 Japanese: 770</p>

<p>can you please reply asap on your thoughts?</p>

<p>thanks.</p>

<p>Pre-pharm … I’m sorry but your chances aren’t likely. I have a few friends in the pre-pharm program, and it’s incredibly tough to get in. They only accept like 200 people or something out of a lot. You can probably get in to purdue, but not pre-pharm.</p>

<p>I’m applying for mechanical engineering, and I heard it’s more competitive than other majors.</p>

<p>My stats:
GPA (unweighted): 3.49
SAT Score: 2150
-Math: 790
-Critical Reading: 660
-Writing: 700
SAT 2 Scores:
-Math 2: 800
-Physics: 700
-Chinese: 780
-US History: 770
AP Scores:
-European History: 4
-Biology: 3
-Music Theory: 5
-Calculus B/C: 5
-Physics B: 4
-Lang: 3
-US History: 4</p>

<p>I’m mainly concerned about my low gpa. I have plenty of extracurriculars though, but I worry that my gpa will bring me down. Plus, I got 2 C’s last semester, in AP physics and AP lang. Seeing that I’m applying for mechanical engineering, a C in AP physics doesn’t help at all. Can I still get into Purdue for mechanical engineering?</p>

<p>purdue pharmacy- yes
jz3dlimit- yes
ddung5245- its a bit of a stretch, but not impossible. your gpa is pretty low, but hopefully your ACT with compensate for it.</p>

<p>did you get in jz3dlimit?</p>

<p>also, ddung5245, did you also get admittance?</p>