Can I get UC's to look at my first semester senior year grades?

<p>I moved a lot during high school & the first few times I didn’t handle it well and my GPA fell(~3.8). The last move, I realized I did not have to let it defeat me & began to do well… taking a few classes at the university and five AP’s at my school. high A’s in everything and i expect it to stay this way until the semester ends.</p>

<p>Is there any way I can show this to UC’s prior to their decision? I am working hard and did not choose to move so much during hs so it seems unfair. I am beginning to accept the fact that I will spend undergrad at UCSC lol.</p>

<p>Also, with those stats and a 2210 SAT where do you think I could get in? (assuming tjey will not see my 4.8 this semester?) I applied to every UC.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>plz</p>

<p>Is 3.8 your unweighted GPA or your weighted GPA? Can you calculate your capped UC GPA and post it with two decimal places?</p>

<p><a href=“GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub”>http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>@Mangiafuoco‌ 3.83</p>

<p>If your capped UC GPA is only 3.83, your chances of being accepted by the UCs are not very good.
UCB - reach
UCLA - reach
UCSD - low reach
UCD - high match
UCI - high match
UCSB - match
UCSC - low match</p>

<p>@Mangiafuoco‌ OK so I’m assuming UC’s will not see my senior year grades? I have heard people mention an “augmented review” where UC’s will request a letter of rec, first sem transcript, or additional short answers or something, do you know what that is/ if that is common? and does this mean they will not consider that I moved 4 times during hs and give me some sort of leverage? thank you for your reply</p>

<p>I do not think the UCs will see your senior year grades. When I applied, the UCs did not request a letter of rec. The UCs might consider that you moved 4 times if you put it on your applications. I’m not sure how much it will help you though. Did you move far and change high schools a few times?</p>

<p>What is your unweighted GPA?</p>

<p>@Mangiafuoco‌ for which schools do you think i am borderline applicant? i’ve heard if you are borderline they may request more info around january</p>

<p>& 5 diff high schools in different cities. moved in the middle of freshman year, then the summer before sophomore, junior, and senior year. It was rough</p>

<p>does my SAT help? because 2210 alone is more than a “match” for santa cruz, irvine, etc, but i see that my GPA looks bad for even those schools. also i took it once</p>

<p>Borderline applicants and applicants wait listed can send in additional documents that may help such as Mid-year transcripts and letters of recommendation. Right now there is nothing you can do. You have to just wait to see if you are contacted. Only admissions can determine if you are considered a borderline candidate, not anyone on CC.</p>

<p>A higher SAT score does not seem to significantly improve one’s chance of being accepted by most UCs. The UCs, in general, prefer students with high GPAs over students with high SAT scores. UCSB is an exception because it seems to be lenient towards students with high SAT scores.</p>

<p>5 different high schools in different cities are a lot. It should improve your chances.</p>

<p>My capped UC GPA was not very high either. It was only 4.00. My SAT score was 2300. Among the UCs that I applied to, UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCD, and UCI rejected/waitlisted me. I think your chances may be better than mine because you have a good reason for your low GPA.</p>

<p>that’s crazy! i just lost all hope @Mangiafuoco‌ </p>

<p>do either of you know if you can appeal to these schools if they reject you? and if appealing will make them look at your first semester? @Gumbymom‌ </p>

<p>@pyrrow‌
Don’t lose hope! You have a good chance for UCSB and a decent chance for UCD and UCI. You moved a lot in high school, so the UCs will be more lenient to you.</p>

<p>Yes you can appeal all the UC’s. Each school will have different criteria for how you plan to appeal. Here is a link for UCSB: <a href=“http://admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/applying/appeal-process”>http://admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/applying/appeal-process&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;