Can I include the artworks I made in the IB visual arts class in my portfolio for the college?

I’m a high school student taking visual arts in IB. After taking a gap year, I am planning to apply to several art schools like CalArts, CCA, Ringling and etc.

My questions are:

1, Can I include the artworks I made for IB class in my university portfolio?

2, Am I allowed to use the artworks I made during high school after taking a gap year?

These might be stupid questions, but I really have no knowledge in applications for art schools.

I would appreciate very much if somebody can answer my question.

Go to the Visual Arts Forum and you’ll get more response.
You can include art from an IB class but since you are taking a gap year I would hope that during that year you’ll keep working on your art and have new (and improved) works to show. Try to show your best and current work.

Each school has a different flavor and looks for different aspects in your art depending on your actual interest–concept design, graphics, animation, illustration.

National Portfolio Day is a good way to present your work and get instant feedback on how to strengthen your application. Again, there is much discussion about these topics but mostly on the VA forum.

Figure drawing is huge for most schools and learning perspective is important.
Look up examples of student work from each of the schools you are interested in to get a better idea of the quality of student work.

No one is going to know when you made those projects, they have better things to do than track you down. Go for it