Can I still get into a "Good" Private College?

<p>Bump</p>

<p>If anyone has ANY other advice I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m REALLY NERVOUS about college right now and I don’t know where I should apply to. PLEASE, HELP!</p>

<p>Just to give you an idea. I graduated High School with a 3.3 UW/4.0 W GPA and I got a 1590 on my SAT. Granted I was wait listed, but I now attend the University of Michigan and I’m an OOS student. I’m excelling here as well. Don’t give up hope. There’s always a chance, especially if you have good essays and good EC’s to back you up.</p>

<p>If you can get your GPA to a 3.4 and if you can get a good SAT score, I think you can apply to prestigious schools, but know that you may not receive merit aid of any kind. Are finances an issue? I’m paying full for the University of Michigan and trust me, neither I, nor my parents regret paying in full because I’m taking advantage of all the opportunities offered here.</p>

<p>NYU - Reach
USC - Reach
Michigan - Reach</p>

<p>UCF - Target
UF - Target</p>

<p>Safety’s</p>

<p>Try to apply to more target and safety schools. I’m not sure what good film programs are out there, but I know those three I listed are some of the best in the country. Admissions is getting very competitive at every school. Even the University of Michigan is harder to get in now than two years ago when I got accepted. Best of luck!</p>

<p>^Thank You.</p>

<p>Could anyone give me a list of SAFTIES, MATCHES, AND REACHES. I just don’t know where my grades fit in now and it would be nice if I could have a good list of colleges to start with.</p>

<p>Safties:</p>

<p>Matches:</p>

<p>Reaches:</p>

<p>Why don’t you just do a college search?
Doesn’t CC have College Match?</p>

<p>^I have done some on CollegeBoard’s College Search Engine, but I still wasn’t sure what would be considered a Safty, Match, or Reach for ME. So I thought If I got some opinions from other students it might help.</p>

<p>Well what options did the search give you?
Maybe that’ll help delineate safeties, matches and reaches.</p>

<p>OK. thanks</p>