Can I talk my child into Bama?

<p>Does the above only refer to carry out alcohol sales from stores or does it also apply to buying a drink at a bar/restaurant, e.g. can you have a beer while watching the Sunday night NFL game at a restaurant at 10:00 pm?</p>

<p>Good question. I guess we’ll just have to order a few pitchers at halftime to keep us hydrated for the 4th quarter :slight_smile: Either way it sure beats having to drive to B’ham to have a drink while watching my beloved Dallas Cowboys.</p>

<p>And allow me to add that I was given a brief history lesson today and Mom2K is right in her definition of Bible Belt. And if using her definition, then I agree with her description of UA and Tuscaloosa in general.</p>

<p>It applies everywhere that is not a private club. The city council had the right to forbid specific liquor licensees (ie bars, grocery stores) from selling alcohol on the designated Sunday times, but chose not to. The hours are specifically designed to prevent another night of alcohol sales. The law also changed the loophole that had effectively made Sunday a 22-hour day.</p>

<p>Rumor has it that Hilton and PF Chang’s, among other companies, refused to open locations in Tuscaloosa unless it legalized 7-Day sales. </p>

<p>Alabama also prohibits beer and malt liquor sold in individual bottles larger than 20? ounces and only recently legalized high gravity beers.</p>

<p>Good question about buying a couple of pitchers of beer before “last call”. I guess that is what people will do. They’ll just order a pitcher of beer or margaritas right before 9:30 pm for the rest of the evening. If the place isn’t going to close it’s doors at 9:30, then people will just buy before 9:30 and keep drinking. </p>

<p>The law controls the “selling” time, not the drinking time. </p>

<p>*Rumor has it that Hilton and PF Chang’s, among other companies, refused to open locations in Tuscaloosa unless it legalized 7-Day sales. *</p>

<p>I had heard this, too. Does that mean that T-town is getting a PF Changs? Yea! The one here in Huntsville is always busy. And…they have a “happy hours” menu that is very reasonably priced. I could eat their chicken wraps everyday!</p>

<p>NJBama…you need to write a book…Call it NJism’s!</p>

<p>Have y’all seen this article from a few years back? It spotlights my very own diocese of Charlotte, NC. One of the article’s more interesting points is that, when Yankee Catholics (like moi) move down to the Bible Belt, they become more…Bible Belt-ish, LOL:</p>

<p>[Bible-Belt</a> Catholics - TIME](<a href=“http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1025176,00.html]Bible-Belt”>http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1025176,00.html)</p>

<p>We even have Catholic mega-churches now – like St Matthew’s in south Charlotte (HUMONGOUS). And as for Alabama…well, you can’t get much more Catholic Bible Belt-y than Mother Angelica and EWTN. :)</p>