CAn I turn in SIR to two UC campuses at the same time

<p>Having a tough time deciding between two UCs. May not be able to decide by May 1st. What happens if turn in SIR to both. Will the system accept it. Do they track multiple SIR and if they notice it what will happen? Wish I could find an official UC answer to this? DOes anyone know someone working at the UC adminsistrative offices who can provide this answer.</p>

<p>Also can anyone answer if it is possible to turn in One SIR to UC and another one to an out of State university?</p>

<p>[University</a> of California - Admissions - The University of California offers one of the broadest ranges of study of any institution of higher learning in the world, all at an affordable price.](<a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply/after_apply/after_decisions.html]University”>http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply/after_apply/after_decisions.html)</p>

<p>You may accept admission to one campus only. You may not transfer your acceptance from one campus to another after you declare your intent to register. A $100 nonrefundable deposit must accompany your acceptance.</p>

<p>I believe the only exception to this is those on a UC waiting list.</p>

<p>^ that applies to all UC’s. not sure if they would go through with it and actually rescind you for SIRing, say at UCSD, then canceling, and deciding to go to UCSC. they are pretty strict so possibly, but they may not. DEF cannot SIR at 2 at the same time. </p>

<p>you can SIR with out of state, sure, but you will lose your deposits at whichever school you dont attend. go visit schools man, its the only way. and then make a decision</p>

<p>Why won’t you be able to decide by May 1st?</p>

<p>which campuses are you looking towards. maybe we can give you some points of pros cons (opinions mostly) but it may help you. </p>

<p>really you need to go visit.</p>

<p>Have to decide between UCSD, UCI, UCD and UCSB, & ASU - planning to visit all in the next few weeks. Major is Engineering EE. Lowest cost is ASU with scholarship about 6K lower than all UCs. I am a CA resident. I just want to pick the one program that has the best campus career service and recruitment, and internship possibilities. I do know that ASU is very good here, but I don’t know much about UCs so I just want to narrow it down to one UC and then decide. Appreciate suggestions.</p>

<p>UCs actively discourage students from SIR with multiple campuses because it screws up the enrollment count (and this year, it will screw up the waitlist too). But there is no penalty for doing so except losing the $100 deposit at the campus where you don’t enroll. So you only need to face your own conscience but not any real tangible consequences (other than losing the money).</p>