Can i use my Florida Prepaid college fund at SCAD?

I looked on the website and it said basically whichever ones met a certain qualification by some agreement but I don’t know what applies. I Want to go to Savannah College of Art and Design and know it’s expensive so I’m hoping someone can help me figure out how much I’m going to be able to pay with this plan (only concerning tuition)? Does anyone know how I can determine if SCAD applies to this? I’ve been trying to get in touch with my Scad Admissions Advisor for about two weeks now but to no avail. I would love to attend SCAD, as it is my top choice, but the longer I don’t receive an answer then I won’t be able to finalize my decision. Please and thank you.

Go to myfloridaprepaid . It appears you can use it but the eligible amount is limited to instate tuition at a florida public college. Which isn’t a whole lot compared to SCAD tuition.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

i am a student that has the same exact question. did you ever find out the answer?

There is a value to the FPP. To use it at a non-Florida public school is basically like cashing it out (with some tax advantages) and you can use that amount at your chosen school. Most plans pay (currently) about $7k per year. You might also have a room plan (often just for freshman year) so your FPP value might be a little more.

SCAD will not accept the FPP as payment in full.

1 Like

I’m actually scheduled to meet with my admissions advisor this Thursday so I’ll get back to you on that.