Can I write about something that I am not going to major in on the essay prompts?

<p>I am really passionate about art, but my parents won’t let me major in it, so is it ok if I write about art in my essay? I’m just thinking of ideas for my essay. Thank you</p>

<p>I’m guessing this is for the prompt about a talent or achievement (second prompt, I think)?</p>

<p>You can certainly write about topics outside of your intended major area. The whole point of the essays is to show that you can write a coherent essay that fully and appropriately responds to the prompt, and to show the the admissions a little bit more about you personally beyond your stats. Write about whatever is easiest for you to write about.</p>

<p>For what it’s worth, I wrote about my years in music for the second prompt. I had no intention of majoring or minoring in music, and still don’t, but I was in music programs for so long and it was a huge part of my life. Writing about it just came naturally to me, so that’s what I went with.</p>

<p>Oh my god thank you so much!!!</p>