Can my friend consider themselves Hispanic?

My children are 1/4 Hispanic, and could appropriately be designated as such for college purposes. In California, at least, there is no advantage as Hispanics make up over 55% of the population here.

takeitallin:
Have they considered applying to school in North Dakota? :stuck_out_tongue:

Following up, should anyone care. I asked DH about his “birthright” as it were. If I understand correctly, and I may not, as part of the SOFA (status of forces agreement) he was considered a US citizen and was born on a military base hosted by another country (in, at the time what was more of a quonset hut than a hospital). He doesn’t recall if, at the time, he was considered a dual citizen but seems to recall having to makes some decision when he turned 18. But only had a US passport.

Carry on…

your not Hispanic duh, you never taught of yourself as Hispanic and your mom probably didn’t as well so instead of trying to find a hook for yourself how about you try harder in class

your so dumb “Does “Hispanic” also embody the mass in-migration of those fleeing the Holocaust, and landing on the shores of America” no it doesn’t and is your mom a resident of Columbia or the us

where do you live I live in I live in San Diego(maybe its because i took AP’s) but i was the only minority in most of my classes