Can you get kicked out of IB?

<p>English teacher told me to come to his desk and said that if I don't change by this Friday, i won't be able to stay in IB </p>

<p>Don’t change what?
Your school may very well have the capability to kick you out of their program.</p>

<p>@nanotechnology‌ forgot to write the summer essay for his class and some other homework. And I haven’t participated in his class because social anxiety but he says we shouldn’t be in his class if we’re gonna be quiet. </p>

<p>So he would have to tell the IB counselor to kick me out? </p>

<p>I told him id turn it in, but it’s hard to write 3 essays in 2 days. </p>

<p>I think if you can’t crank out papers, and you’re going to slack on them, you shouldn’t be in IB. He could recommend that you’re not fit for the program, and yes, it probably would be to the IB Coordinator at your school.</p>

<p>It’s one thing to procrastinate, and another to just not do assignments. I urge you to reconsider IB and possibly drop it before you get pushed out.</p>

<p>I hate to say “Just get over whatever crap you have going on,” but… well, that’s life. Participate, or get left behind.</p>

<p>Talk to your school counselor. They really can be helpful in smoothing things out between you and a teacher. If you have been actually diagnosed with social anxiety, you may be able to get accommodations that could help you. Even without official accommodations, if a teacher knows you have a reason for your actions, they are often more understanding. But the IB program is challenging, and you will be expected to turn work in on time. If that doesn’t feel like something you want to commit to, you might consider not doing IB, or only taking some IB course, if that is an option for you. Don’t make yourself miserable in a program if it isn’t really the best thing for you.</p>

<p>He’s well within his rights to be upset with you for not doing 3 essays. If you are having trouble with social anxiety that’s affecting your class performance, talk to your school counselor! Their job isn’t just dealing with college applications.</p>

<p>If you drop the diploma program, how problematic would that be for you? My brother was in a similar situation: he was really smart, but very quiet and not an English person. He didn’t do well in IB English and decided to drop the diploma program. However, he still stayed in all his other IB classes, did well, and was able to get significant college credit for them. Leaving English was also good for his GPA.</p>