Can you guys help me with my CSULA Appeal??

Dear Vince Lopez, Director of Admission and Recruitment,

The purpose of this letter is to appeal my denial of acceptance to Cal State Los Angeles Television Film and Media Studies major. I was very heartbroken when I received the rejection letter because Cal State LA has been my first choice. While my academic performance may not be as outstanding as other candidates, my passion, experience, and dedication to filmmaking makes me a perfect student for your film program.

In high school, I was enrolled in the CTE Film, and Television pathway which gave me the opportunity to become proficient in many Adobe products including (Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop). My film teacher has given me many opportunities to direct a variety of projects for my classwork, school site, and school district which include the following:

Filmed multiple Pomona Unified School District Graduations 2018
Filmed & Edited State of the City Address 2018 & 2019 for Mayor Tim Sandoval
Director of Every 15 Minutes 2018
Director & Editor of Writer’s Block (short film) for the PINDIE Film Festival 2019
Director & Editor of Mysophobia (short film) for the PINDIE Film Festival 2018
Director of Village Academy High School Knightly News weekly video announcements
School of Extended Educational Options (SEEO) Promotional video
Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) Promotional video
Builders School Promotional video
Top 3 winners for Honda Car Delivery Competition

I am not the same student that I was entering High School. I did not take my academics seriously and if it were not for filmmaking I would not have had the drive to do well in my academic classes. Over the past 2 years, I have been determined to increase my GPA and SAT scores which did in fact increase. I understand that your school requires top academic students. However, I am committed to doing my absolute best in the classroom and behind the camera.

I respectfully hope you reconsider my status and review my application to your prestigious university as a future Golden Eagle, Cal State LA student. If you have questions or need further information, please contact me at () - or j******145@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Cordially,

j**M***

It looks great! Are you going to be a first time freshman, and if so, what is your gpa/sat score?