Can you please calculate my UC GPA?

<p>Can you guys please tell me what my UC unweighted, capped, and fully weighted GPA is? By the way, I’m a Florida resident(out of state). </p>

<p>10th grade: </p>

<p>College course: Bio and Bio lab: A
AP Government: A
AP Literature: A
Honors Economics: A
Pre-IB psychology: A
Honors Anatomy and Physiology: A
Pre-IB Chemistry: B
Pre-IB Spanish: B
Forensic Science: B
IB Pre-Calculus: C</p>

<p>11th Grade:(Junior year sucked…)</p>

<p>College course; Algebra: A
College course; Physical Science: A
College course; Humanities: A
College course; Fitness and Wellness: B
College course; Individual in Society: B
College course; Pre Cal and Trig: C
College course; Speech: C
AP Calculus: B
AP US History: B
AP language and comp.: C
Research(free period): A</p>

<p>[CaliforniaColleges.edu</a> - Calculating Your GPA](<a href=“http://www.californiacolleges.edu/admissions/california-state-university-csu/gpa_calculator.asp]CaliforniaColleges.edu”>http://www.californiacolleges.edu/admissions/california-state-university-csu/gpa_calculator.asp)</p>

<p>UC unweighted: 3.3
UC weighted: 4.2</p>

<p>Actual unweighted: 3.6(rounded)
Actual weighted: 5.3</p>

<p>BTW…I still have senior year to cover.</p>

<p>Do I have a chance at getting into UCSB? Should I bother with UCLA?</p>

<p>get high SAT scores, and get volunteer and other stuff on your resume. You need to show that you are well rounded.</p>

<p>A few things; senior year is not part of UC GPA, and generally, I believe only AP (not honors, pre-IB; not sure about IB) classes can be weighted out of state.</p>

<p>In order to be an “approved honors level course,” that high school course must be identified as honors level on your official high school “A-G” course list. You can find your school’s course list at<br>
<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/doorways/[/url]”>www.ucop.edu/doorways/</a></p>

<p>Also only 8 semester of weighted classes count…Your UC GPA should not be over 4.5 so yea…Also check the list of approved weighted classes. Honors do not count except for Honors Pre Cal, Honors English 11 and Honors Chem (correct me if I’m wrong its been a couple of months) and AP/IB count as well.</p>

<p>Not so sure how the IB count but I don’t think Pre-IB count</p>

<p>For OOS applicants, only AP courses are weighted, honors courses are not weighted. For capped GPA you can use any 8 semesters (the GPA will come out the same no matter which 8 semesters you use; try it).</p>

<p>Your weighted GPA turns out to be 3.476 if you actually do the math and adhere to UC guidelines…</p>

<p>How would you know if a college course meets a-g requirements to be weighted? My daughter took a Philosophy 101 course at Cal State Dominguez Hills, would this be weighted since it could fall under the “elective” catagory for a-g? I am so confused with this weighter stuff…</p>

<p>@SockherMom, typically community college courses marked “UC-transferable” and have 3+ units are weighted. One community college course will satisfy one year of a-g subject requirement (if the course does not fall under a-f, then it will qualify for g); however, the grade will only calculate as one semester. Any college courses that do not meet the above mentioned rules will count as a-g but will not be weighted.</p>

<p>AskMsSun–The class she took was at a Cal State University not a CC and UC transferable–does this matter for the weighted issue? It was a Philosophy course, so I presume it would fall under “g” but you are saying it will not be weighted in her HS GPA because it would be considered an elective? Thanks</p>

<p>@SockherMom, the course will be counted and the grade calculated into the GPA, but whether it will be weighted is up to the individual UC campus (whether each will consider the course UC-transferable or not).</p>