Can you take classes toward a Master with your Undergrad Scholarship?

<p>I was just wondering if its possible. Say you transfer with around 8 AP classes and you received a 5 in all of them. Certain ones like Chemistry are worth about 8 units. But say you were a semester ahead while accepted. Would you be able to use your 4th years scholarship money on classes toward a masters? I think I saw something about it previously. Just want to know is it still possible now and how were people experience if they did do it.</p>

<p>I know you can through the University Scholars program. Here’s a link, although I don’t think this is the most current catalog. [University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>As mentioned above, you could do that thru the University Scholars program.</p>

<p>The program says that you have to be “invited,” but that’s not really true. If you have very good grades and you’re ahead with credits, then when you have (or are about to have) junior standing, you should contact your dept advisor to get into the program.</p>

<p>We have come to the conclusion that University Scholars is handled differently by each department/major. So try looking in the catalog under your major to find the most accurate information.</p>

<p>Thank you very much! That’s just another plus! If I didn’t get clarification I was going to ask at this upcoming local reception.</p>

<p>We’re really looking forward to this reception that Bama is throwing in the Bay Area on Oct 7th! It’s being thrown at an Aviation Museum I’ve never been too! But always wanted to check it out. We’re a little giddy about going.</p>

<p>Dr. Sharpe told our son, during his college visit, that he could use his scholarship toward a Masters (something we hadn’t even thought about at the time) since he had so many AP/DE credits, and that not all colleges allow that. At other college visits, we knew to ask the question, and found out this was true - just another terrific perk for attending UA.</p>

<p>Have fun at your reception!</p>

<p>I don’t think Univ scholars is an option for S both for major & grades currently. But if he takes 5 classes a semester he will graduate with 150 credits. I don’t know if that makes sense. I’m tempted to suggest he drop down to 12 credits some semesters. I think he can still do 2 minors plus UHP & IHP. Is there any benefit to graduating with so many credits? I would think it would be better to take less credits and get better grades? I don’t know.</p>

<p>I think he might have a Psych major and perhaps Eng or Biz minor(s)
UHP & IHP. Not sure where you go after that?
benefit</p>

<p>ldinct, your son may be able to negotiate a conditional admission to a University Scholars program, especially if he has an upward trend in grades.</p>

<p>The best option would be to see exactly what courses he has taken and still needs to take. Once that is done, consider his interests, strengths, and weaknesses, and see what other programs would be best for him.</p>