Canceled: New York Special Reception

<p>The scheduled University of Alabama Special Reception that was set for November 12th. in Garden City, New York has been canceled. This event is tentatively rescheduled for the week of January 14th. 2013. I will post the new date as soon as I know. I will try to keep everyone informed.There is still no power in the area where the event was due to be held. I am sorry that the hurricane has interrupted this fine event. I hope that prospective students and parents will be able to attend the rescheduled reception.</p>

<p>I’ll be there whenever they’re ready.</p>

<p>How does one get an invite? It might be somehting we could fly into the city for in January???</p>

<p>You could probably contact the NY area rep and ask for an invite… One reason they like to know ahead of time who is coming because they like to have name tags made. </p>

<p>I don’t know if they travel with the name tag maker, but I know that at the Huntsville events they have the machine there to make extra nametags.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Name tag maker traveled to Chicago and made dozens of name tags this year.</p>

<p>Don’t worry, name tag maker is usually on site, but they like to know the count of students to have enough t-shirts and the general count for all the yummy free food. :slight_smile: However, don’t worry if you didn’t RSVP there is always plenty of food. The hotel where the evening event is held is quite historic and very pretty.</p>

<p>The UA speakers are very interesting and it is nice to have current parents there to answer questions. In my opinion, it is always a nice event but I am not sure it is worth an airline ticket. The event only lasts about two hours or a bit more, if you get there early and stay to chat. Not sure it is worth an airline ticket…But of course, do come if you want, I am not trying to discourage anyone. If you need the NY recruiters names please let me know. I believe that is how you get an “official” invite. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide</p>