Cancelling Confirmation

<p>Hi, I've decided I would like to attend the University of Wisconsin after being accepted on waitlist, unfortunately I already sent my confirmation to Minnesota, can I cancel before May 1st with Minnesota. I understand it is non-refundable but I do not want to be rescinded for double deposit. I feel terrible about it as I know it is very unethical but I would very much like to attend Wisconsin and I sent in my confirmation to Minnesota I suppose out of the fact they were my #1 for a long time. </p>

<p>Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks</p>

<p>Don’t worry, especially since you are not yet accepted to UW you need the backup at Minnesota in case your name never comes off of the waitlist. You do not technically have two acceptances. Be sure you have one school you can attend- it is not unethical to be holding your place. Just be sure to move quickly to inform Minn if you are accepted at UW so they can inform someone on their waitlist.</p>

<p>Oh i’m sorry i forgot to clarify, I was just ACCEPTED to the University of Wisconsin. so its fine if I cancel with Minnesota before May 1st and deposit with Wisconsin?</p>

<p>Congrats, birdie! Yes, I believe that is standard practice as many kids each year get accepted off wait lists across the country after deposit. Just let UMinn know as soon as possible to be fair to the next kid and accept/deposit with UW. If you have any questions about specific procedure, just explain the situation and ask the admissions folks. Go Badgers!</p>

<p>Thanks Guys…</p>

<p>I’m really excited to be a Badger! I will just explain to Minnesota what happened, and deposit with Wisconsin, problem solved, thanks again.</p>