Cancelling/Withdrawing Enrollment Deposit

<p>Hello!
I submitted my enrollment deposit to Bama to have a place in line for Housing (since the Enrollment Deposit is required before Housing Deposit). I did ask Bama and all the other colleges I applied to, and they all said this was okay as long as I withdraw my enrollment deposit from Bama before I deposit elsewhere (to not double-deposit), if I do decide to attend elsewhere.</p>

<p>Right now, I’m still highly considering Bama. It’s definitely a top safety, and I love the campus and environment. I just have not heard back from other colleges yet and won’t until the end of March/April 1. However, I would like to be prepared to know where to go to request a withdrawal of the enrollment deposit for Bama? I found the Housing cancellation form, but not the enrollment deposit one. Where exactly would I go for that? Would I just have to call Bama and tell them, or is there a form online?</p>

<p>Again, this is just so I know, in the slight-chance that I do somehow get accepted into my top school on April 1! I like to be prepared, I guess, haha. I just wanted to know if it’s a long process, or if it’s easy and would only take a day or two to do this, if I end up needing to. I hope that makes sense!</p>

<p>Thank you so much if you can help!!</p>

<p>I would contact your regional recruiter for info on steps to let Admissions know if you change your mind.</p>

<p>Here’s hoping you don’t!
Janine</p>

<p>Here’s another hope that you don’t change your mind, but if you do, you just send an email to Admissions and include your CWID.</p>

<p>Thank you both!! I appreciate it!
I don’t think my mind will be changing, but I like to be prepared, just in case, haha! Thanks again!</p>

<p>I’m confused. You just want to know where to go to tell someone that you no longer want to attend UA, right ? Because the enrollment deposit itself is NON-refundable. If UA is like other schools, the moment (the very moment!) you call/email to say you don’t want to go, you are off their system and you are free to make choice w/ another school. (Purdue even had an automated system to “un-enroll”, which I remember feeling was very harsh and cold.)</p>

<p>@ aeromom: Yes, that’s correct! I know the enrollment deposit is not refundable, but I just wanted to know how to go about this, just in case. I like to try and be prepared for anything that may happen, haha (that I can be prepared for anyway)! I was not sure how schools do this, so I wanted to ask beforehand, in the off chance that I do decide to attend elsewhere.</p>