Cant Get into Computer Science for Binghamton University!!! Help!

Hi, I applied Early Action to Binghamton and I play sports. I have been emailing a coach and he did an admissions review, and told me that I would unfortunately not be able to get into my preferred major. This is because my SAT in particular my math score is to low (510). Despite this, he did tell me I would be able to get into Binghamtons University’s Liberal Arts college. Does this mean if I go to Binghamton University I will not be able to ultimately major in Computer Science?

The only place you can get a CS degree at Bing is in the engineering school. It MAY be possible to transfer in from LAS but probably not. Call the admissions office to ask.

Don’t even fret over it. There are tons of better engineering schools than Binghamton. And you play sports? Best to look elsewhere.

It is possible to do an intra-college transfer but it’s really really difficult especially for anything in watson and also SoM. I honestly wouldn’t bother. If you are enrolled in harpur you won’t be able to take any computer science classes. If you want to major in computer science, I would look elsewhere.