Capstone Scholars Confirmation

<p>My son mailed the Capstone Scholars RSVP postcard however, we haven’t received a confirmation. Suggestions?</p>

<p>Call the scholarship office on Monday. I’m not sure if they send a confirmation.</p>

<p>Thanks! When we went for University Days they sent parking information, and location information. All the invitation says is Jan. 15, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm.</p>

<p>Check Mybama email</p>

<p>Thanks lapagan. I went and checked his MyBama email account and nothing…he hasn’t received an email in that account since Nov. 15…I wonder if that is the issue? He has emailed his regional recruiter to see if she can assist us.</p>

<p>We RSVPd and have not received any confirmation either. I was thinking that they just were not going to send anything.</p>

<p>Call the Scholarships office and ask if confirmations are sent.</p>

<p>D received a post card confirmation via regular mail and has rec’d 2 emails to her gmail account- not UA email) which confirm her registration for Capstone and ask if she wants an optional tour. Below is the email she rec’d:</p>

<p>We are pleased that you will be joining us for Capstone Scholars Day 2011 on Saturday, January 15, 2011. As part of the event we would like to offer you the opportunity to participate in a campus tour. The tour will begin at 1:30pm once the event concludes, and last approximately one hour. If you would like to register for the tour, please respond to this message and include the following information: Student Name, High School, and Hometown. </p>

<p>Please note, due to space limitations, only one guest can accompany each student to Capstone Scholars Day. We look forward to having you on campus. </p>

<p>Sincerely,
Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships<br>
<a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Thanks for the replies and the information. My son sent an email to his recruiter and she says that they received his RSVP (it’s on her computer) and she’d check to see if additional information should have been sent. I’m just glad to know they have his RSVP and they are expecting him. Thanks again and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>My D received a Capstone Scholars invite message via email yesterday. It said letters were on their way - good luck everyone!</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>What is the date of the event???</p>

<p>Is your student a junior or senior?</p>

<p>Momsat…</p>

<p>Can you tell us what the email was about? Is there a Capstone Scholars Day in the near future.</p>

<p>Wasn’t Capstone Scholars Day Jan. 15, 2011???</p>

<p>I’m wondering if Bama is having another one for juniors or something.</p>

<p>There are those Honors College Days coming up that S received the invitation in the mail, I think there are 2 in March. I guess they are for Srs or accepted students?</p>

<p>Ahhh…maybe. I didn’t know about those. is there an agenda included?</p>

<p>Now I can’t find it, ugh. It was a choice of 3 days and I think a 10-3 type of agenda with speakers etc.</p>

<p>I think MOMSAT has UA Capstone Scholars day mixed up with Univ of South Carolina Capstone Scholars program. She posted same thing on both boards.</p>

<p>ldinct, the events you are mentioning are visiting days for those prospective students who have applied to UA and have the top scholarships and are much like the Visit with the Dean events UA had last semester. The last one is this Friday.</p>