Capstone Scholars Day 2013....Roll Call! :)

<p>I don’t think there’s another CSDay like this one.</p>

<p>Are you thinking of University Days? If so, I wouldn’t recommend going to that as a spring semester senior since it’s very geared for juniors…dealing with applying, scholarships, etc. </p>

<p>I vaguely remember that Bama once had a special day for some kids with really high stats. I don’t know if Bama will do that again, and I don’t know what the stats requirement was for that. ACT 34+ maybe? Not sure.</p>

<p>If you can’t attend CSDay and you haven’t had the honors college arrange a tour, then figure out a day that you can come, set up a campus tour (if you’ve never done one), and then contact Allison and Susan and have them set up your day according to the student’s major.</p>

<p>M2CK - There was an invitation only event back in September</p>

<p>In the past there was another event hosted by the HC. I believe it was called Top Scholars Day. My D attended both events. Although it was similar to Capstone Scholars Day, it was on a much smaller scale. IDK if they still offer this event or if it is now geared toward juniors. The biggest difference other than size was having the opportunity to enjoy campus with slightly better weather than January. The beauty of the UA campus is something to behold, especially during the spring, summer, and fall. :slight_smile: It is much more alive in February than January. We were happy to have another excuse to enjoy being on campus again.:)</p>

<p>I think you’ll be fine without attending CS Day. Just be sure to schedule a visit through the HC soon if you haven’t visited already.</p>

<p>I’ll post for my daughter.</p>

<p>Female</p>

<p>Majoring in History with possible minor in Anthropology and/or Spanish.</p>

<p>We visited in March of last year and loved it. We did the Honors College tour and the bus tour. This time we plan to explore all the things we didn’t think of last time. We might go to the basketball game (DD loves basketball and knew nothing about football until her interest in UA). </p>

<p>We are excited about the parade but noticed that it’s scheduled to begin at 1:30pm at University Blvd. and Second St. which is where the parking lot for Capstone Scholar’s Day guests is located. Do you think there will be parking available there at 8:00am?</p>

<p>My daughter got an email this morning saying that the parking and start location has changed to the Ferguson Center. It says there will be shuttles to and from the Conference Center. </p>

<p>I am attending with my daughter.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>I’m not so sure now of my statement above - “She has not decided yet for for sure where she wants to attend”</p>

<p>She just got home from shopping for a dress to wear on Saturday -> Bright Crimson.</p>

<p>Make sure to remind her that students do a lot of walking. They recommend comfy shoes and athletic wear.</p>

<p>My son: Male, some kind of engineering, arriving late Friday evening (driving from WI)</p>

<p>Me, DS & DH are all coming, we will be taking turns at the parent events as only one parent is supposed to be attending. We have tickets to the basketball game Saturday night, then will also spend most of Sunday visiting the campus, leaving to head back home late Sunday afternoon. Does anyone know if an detailed itinerary will be available on the website this coming week? I saw the schedule from last year but maybe there will be some changes because of the football celebration??</p>

<p>Anyone know in years past what the attendance is for this event?</p>

<p>Posting for my son</p>

<p>Male</p>

<p>Biology/engineering</p>

<p>arriving friday. He has a blount interview on friday.</p>

<p>We are from Georgia. My husband will be the one with him. This visit will help him decide which college he will be attending.</p>

<p>I’m a male and I’m coming down Friday morning. Intended major is chemical engineering and I’m also attending the College of Engineering event on Friday. I am from New York and I am definitely attending Bama in the fall.
@happytraveller an email went out yesterday saying that the itinerary has been slightly adjusted. Check-in will begin at 7:30 AM (CST) at the Bryant Conference Center with a program welcome starting time of 8:45 AM (CST). Afternoon tours of the Student CRecreation Center and Residence Halls are option, however, due to traffic restrictions in preparation for the special commemorative event, campus tours will not be available.</p>

<p>What is the college engineering event on Friday? We are arriving on Friday and were planning to “self tour”, but since son will be majoring in Engineering, I am curious.</p>

<p>I went to the reception in my area last night and met with my admissions rep to see if there was a personal tour I could do with a student and he just reffered me to another representative who informed me that the college of engineering was hosting an event at 2p, Saturday for students attending Capstone Scholars Day.The email said, “You will hear from the Dean of the College, meet some current engineering students and get a full tour of the engineering facilities.” She highly recommended that I went to that rather than the campus tour. I’d suggest contacting your sons representative and inquire about the event if you’re interested. Hope that was helpful!</p>

<p>Thanks for the update salvatore. I just saw that there is a tentative schedule online now: <a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/csd/agenda-2013.pdf[/url]”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/csd/agenda-2013.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My D cannot attend. :frowning: prior obligation to her math team & she will leave them short. :slight_smile:
major - aerospace ot mechanical engineering
Wish we could be there!</p>

<p>So 3of3 - if you hear anything about that, please lmk! January through first week of march are completely filled with math competitions in our house!! Agh!</p>

<p>Thanks, happytraveller, for posting the schedule. I don’t think my son had received that and it is very helpful.</p>

<p>Longhaul…</p>

<p>The attendance is high…at least 1000 people (500 students/500 parents) which is why they limit the parent attendance to one parent. </p>

<p>And, because attendance is high, if someone wants personal attention, it’s been a good idea to be on campus the day before to speak to profs, or whatever.</p>

<p>There isn’t a campus tour on CSDay…just too many students to be able to do one.</p>

<p>So far I’ve been told there is probably not another event - my son also dod not hear about the Engineering Dept event which is another event he will miss - I wonder if they only notified those that RSVP’d for the Capstone Scholars Day?</p>

<p>Engineering - We didn’t hear anything on this either. </p>

<p>We also didn’t get an e-mail on change to Ferguson Center, so I guess DS remains at Bryant.</p>

<p>Hoping DH takes some good notes.</p>

<p>My DS is going to Blount interview on Friday. When I called they said to park in the ferguson parking deck. They said the parking was $5. I’m not sure about Saturday and the bryant center parking but just in case it you might want to bring some small bills.</p>