Capstone Scholars Day question

<p>We will be heading down for Capstone Scholars Day in January (H,S and me). We were planning on flying down on Thursday and staying until Sunday (there is no school on Monday). I was just wondering before we purchased the tickets if those are the right days to be down there (CSD is Saturday) and is that enough time to spend there? It’s hard for our son to take off more than that Thursday and Friday but I just wanted to make sure I’m not missing or forgetting something (especially since we are coming from NY) before I purchase the tickets. Thank you all for all the information you have provided. I really appreciate it.</p>

<p>It goes from 7:30AM to 2:30PM on Saturday, Jan. 18, so getting there on Thursday will allow you to explore campus and even T-town a bit before you attend CSD, which is nice if you haven’t visited before. And if you want to spend more time, you can always set up a visit again by contacting the Honors College–assuming your S is in HC.</p>

<p>So yeah, you’re good as far as I can tell. You’re lucky you’re in New York though, I live in a DC suburb and the only flights out of Dulles to Birmingham connect through Chicago, so flying isn’t really an option for my dad and I.</p>

<p>Here’s the Itinerary: <a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/csd/csd-tentative-agenda-2014.pdf[/url]”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/csd/csd-tentative-agenda-2014.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If you don’t have to fly out early on Sunday, that would be great.</p>

<p>We’re also in No VA and are flying down for Capstone Scholars Day. I’m with you about not flying through Chicago in January. We have flights on Delta out of Dulles through Atlanta. Just an idea…</p>

<p>I am also I Virginia resident but right outside Richmond. We have flown to Atlanta a few times and drove from there to T-Town. It is really not a bad drive. It takes 3 hours. </p>

<p>My son is in his third year at Bama. He only comes home at Christmas and in the summer. He is very active in the band and absolutely loves it. He has a car so will be driving back.</p>

<p>Enjoy your weekend.</p>