Capstone Scholars Day

<p>I lost my invitation to it… can I still go without having the card to RSVP? Or should I ask for another one… thanks!</p>

<p>You should be able to call and request another one …or to RSVP by phone. Call them.</p>

<p>CAPSTONE SCHOLARS DAY</p>

<p>This invitation-only event will be held on Saturday, January 17, 2015. Check-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. (CST) with opening remarks scheduled for 8:45 a.m. While all students invited to this event are scholarship eligible, students are not required to attend Capstone Scholars Day to receive their award(s).</p>

<p>Additional information about the event:</p>

<p>Due to space limitations, only one parent or guardian may attend Capstone Scholars Day.
Plan to be on campus until about 2:30 PM.
You will be doing a great deal of walking. We suggest that you wear casual clothing, comfortable walking shoes, and a coat or jacket. Depending on the forecast, an umbrella or raincoat may come in handy.
View tentative agenda
View map and driving directions to The University of Alabama
For lodging reservations and information, contact Tuscaloosa hotels and motels directly. Rates vary depending on season, taxes, additional room options, number of occupants, etc.</p>

<p>If you or your guest will require special accommodations because of a disability, please call us at (205) 348-8201 or 1-800-933-BAMA (toll-free), or TDD (205) 348-2921. You may also contact us via this web form.</p>

<p>In planning your visit, please be aware that The University of Alabama is a smoke-free campus.</p>

<p>call one of those numbers…</p>

<p>Hi I will be attending this with my son and by looking over the agenda it seems packed wondering if you feel like something is missing that i should definitely see if so a contact would be greatly appreciated </p>

<p>luigino930: Have you visited before, or are you likely to visit again? If this will be your only visit to campus, and especially if you are from far away, then you might want to add more things to your must-do list. Since this event is a Saturday, you can add things onto the Friday (such as visiting a class in session, talking with more students, meeting with a professor, etc.). The Honors College staff can arrange all of this - instructions on how to do this are on this forum. (See the ‘read this first’ thread + many others, for tips.)</p>

<p>@Luigino930‌ </p>

<p>How long will you be in Tuscaloosa? </p>

<p>What is your child’s major?</p>

<p>16th-18th and his Major is Mechanical Engineering </p>

<p>This is our first visit and probably wouldn’t visit again unless he accepts his offer We would be travelling from NY would arrive Friday evening so that’s no good I can leave Sunday on a late flight I will contact the The Honors College as you recommended thanks for your help </p>

<p>Well, I m presuming that you will have a car, so depending on how late you will arrive on Friday, there are still some things that you can do. You could go have a meal in town, or visit the Midtown Village Mall and have a bite to eat right there, then do some browsing/shopping. You can take a drive around Tuscaloosa just to get your bearings to see what is close to campus. Also, you can do one of my favorite things, take a nighttime drive around campus, it is really well lit and very pretty at night. Park,stop and take a few photos and take a walk around. There is a Dunkin Donuts coffee shop that is open late which could be a good place to chat with some students.</p>

<p>For an OOS student who is pretty much firmly decided to attend UA (already paid deposits, etc.) and who has already had one (great) visit recently, how important is this event? We are OOS and a 10 hr drive (or $350 flights plus rental car) away . . . and she has applied for CBH, so I know we might have a visit for an interview for that if she is invited . . . and then an orientation . . . so I am wondering if there is anything really remarkable about this event that would make it so we should really attend?</p>

<p>@mmom99‌
It’s not necessary for your situation. </p>

<p>Thank you for the feedback! </p>