Capstone Scholars Day

<p>My DD got an invitation for the Capstone Scholars Day (Jan 15th, a Saturday). How important is it to attend? We haven’t visited yet, so would this be the best time to do so?</p>

<p>This was our first visit to Bama. It was easy, no time off from school, and there was an honors reception at the end of the day. I would definitely attend this, and don’t miss the honors reception. You will get to meet students and staff of the honors college face to face. The talks during the day were great, where we saw Bama as not just a football school, but a great academic environment that promotes service to the community. Definitely attend!</p>

<p>Do you think attending Capstone Scholars Day would give one and edge up if they were applying for any of the Elite Scholarships or Programs (CBHP or Fellows)?</p>

<p>I don’t think attending Capstone Scholars Day would make a difference for UFE consideration. Looking back at previous threads, the semi-finalists were notified mid-January and the phone interviews were the next week.</p>

<p>The only advantage I could imagine is that if you were already on their list of finalists, it could be a time to have some face time with the faculty. But the face time would probably more have to be on the day before. I don’t know how available they would actually be for talking to on the actual Saturday.</p>

<p>Some students cannot attend Capstone Day, because of other commitments. That is a reason why it probably does not carry weight in the selection process of CBHP or Fellows. My son had a district academic team tournament that weekend, so he did not attend. In fact, he never met Dr. Sharpe until CBH finalist weekend a month later.</p>