Capstone Summer Honors Program-Roll Call!

<p>Okay so I’m leaving in a week to go to CSHP at Bama, it’s for rising seniors in high school. Who all is going?
-KP</p>

<p>My DD isn’t into surfing CC but I am;) </p>

<p>We’re leaving Saturday to head to T-town to drop her off at Lakeside East. We’re from Indiana. You?</p>

<p>I was told by a staff member that there will be 20 participants this year.</p>

<p>My daughter is also going, coming from Chicago and we’re leaving Saturday Morning</p>

<p>Let us know how it goes!</p>

<p>I’m from Baton Rouge, LA. I also heard there would be around 20 people participating. I’m glad this camp recruits nationally!</p>

<p>Now, DD is anxiously awaiting course confirmations. I suppose the only option for books will be the SUPE. Anyone else know how to obtain course materials?</p>

<p>JUM-Maybe we’ll be really cheesy and write Bama or Bust on the windows. Then you can honk and flash your lights at us in case we pass each other on 65 South ;)</p>

<p>Those of us who have kiddos who are already students at Bama are so excited for you and this great experience! That being said I feel VERY sorry for you when you go to bring them home…if they are anything like my D…each time she visited we had a TERRIBLE time getting her to leave!!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>At some point this summer, the course materials will be posted within the class listing on the Class Schedule area of MyBama; once in the individual class listings there will be an area marked Textbook information. There is a year old law that schools need to provide ISBN numbers so that you can find the book needed in other retailers. </p>

<p>Having said that, there are a few books that are only available via the SUPE store, notably the math & science ones.</p>

<p>Did they let your create a myBama account? If so you can go there, and in each course’s listing there is a section that lists the required materials and their ISBNs.</p>

<p>My parents and I are just buying our books from the Ferguson Center that Monday, most likely after orientation…but I hear a good website to use to order books is chegg.com, though it may be too late</p>

<p>Asaunmom-
I got an email yesterday regarding classes, so maybe you did too? :slight_smile:
If not, the courses are also listed on mybama</p>

<p>I got an email too…which classes are you enrolled in?</p>

<p>It’s actually my daughter, but she’s in Legal Environment of Business and Dialogue in Humanities. How about you?</p>

<p>Fine Arts: Behind the British Mask and Western Civ to 1648</p>

<p>Daughter’s classes: Into to Mass Comm and Honors Photography<br>
She didn’t get any of her first choices. She’s not thrilled but I think that she’s going to rill with it. Could be a blessing in disguise.</p>

<p>So I’m assuming you weren’t allowed to create myBama accounts, since you can’t go change your courses around?</p>

<p>The same happened to me, and I’m not excited about my classes either. I have my myBama account but my parents and I also decided to stick with what we have.</p>

<p>i’m going too!
are y’all bringing a car or bike? / what other items are you bringing that weren’t on the suggested packing list?</p>

<p>I’m bringing my iPod docking station, a lottttttt of food (even though I’ll probably go for groceries once) but my parents tell me to wait till college to bring a bike :confused: what’s all you guys’ names?
-Kevin Paul</p>

<p>I’m bringing my car/ihome (also my name is Megan McKinley)</p>