Car on Campus

<p>DS is a sophomore and is doing well keeping his grades up and being responsible. DH made an agreement with DS to give him MY car over Christmas Break. It isn’t a prestigious car by any means-2000 Subaru wagon that DS drove senior year of high school. I know DS has a special affinity for this car. My question is whether it is too mean spirited of his parents to mount a special licence plate holder on his car which states, “Member 50 years/AAA”? BTW, we also put him on the AAA membership.</p>

<p>How about one of those ‘My Son is an Honor Student’ stickers? Or those family and pet figures usually seen on the back of SUV’s and mini-vans? An Auburn car magnet?</p>

<p>Funny! Just leave room for another crystal football magnet!</p>

<p>Congrats on your S doing well. :)</p>

<p>My DS would be jealous! We’ve been looking for a Subaru wagon for him. I’m thinking - a wagon??? Really??? :slight_smile: But it does make sense to carry around his band equipment or his mountain bike.</p>

<p>My daughter DREAMS of a Subaru wagon…no lie…one of those old green Outbacks.</p>

<p>Subaru’s are incredible vehicles! 500,000 miles=no problem.</p>

<p>Good idea putting him on your Triple A membership. You might think about upgrading to Triple A Plus. Good towing included, which might come in handy if he gets an internship in the area outside of Tuscaloosa. My son only uses his car for grocery runs and this year, to visit his friends who live off campus now. It was good for him to have a car not only when off campus job opportunities came available, but he’s actually had to run to other businesses around town to pick up parts for his on campus job. He’ll do his senior project next year with a company off campus, so we’re really glad we already had him set up with a car and he’s familiar with the area. Knowing your son’s talent for cooking, I know he’ll fill that trunk with groceries!</p>

<p>I have a Subaru Outback and it is without a doubt the best car I’ve ever owned. Yes yes yes to some form of roadside assistance. My DD found her car with a flat tire in the Lofts parking garage Sunday – discovered the hard way that her Toyota didn’t have the correct lug wrench to fit the tire bolts, the roadside assistance people didn’t have the right fit either, and they called a tow truck to take her to the Toyota dealership in Tuscaloosa. Long story short – we apparently need to purchase a special lug wrench, but I’m glad we had purchased the roadside program!</p>

<p>To RTRMom2: It is a green Subaru Outback Wagon. Maybe your daughter will look for my DS and ask for a ride somewhere…he could use more girls in his life! Tell her to look for the CA license plates with the Member 50 years! He will never know what a “chick magnet” a licence frame could be! (Ha!)</p>

<p>I can suggest a custom license tag for his car…</p>

<p>^^^ Heeheeeheee</p>

<p>A green Subaru wagon with CA plates will indeed be a chick magnet! :)</p>