Care Package Fail!

<p>I just sent a package out yesterday to DD’s PO box with no 104 Ferg ctr. on it. I dont remember the LONG explanation sheet that we received when we rented the box saying we had to do that. It did state that we could ship boxes to the PO box and showed an example of how to address things so they are correct. I dont remember it mentioning the 104 Ferg. I will check again when we get home. I will be upset if the box is returned to me. That sucker cost alot to ship!</p>

<p>spring162, if you sent it via USPS, you should be o.k. If you sent it via UPS or FedEx, you can call them and update the shipping address. I don’t know how you would have sent it via UPS or FedEx to just a PO Box anyway, but nothing would surprise me these days.</p>

<p>Given their outstanding track record this year, and a clear emphasis on quality customer service provided, I am utterly shocked to hear anyone has had an issue! ;)</p>

<p>Class2012Mom-Thanks for the tip. Just got this and I’ll give the P.O. a call tomorrow. I’ll let you know what I find out. Could be interesting… :-)</p>

<p>The package cost a small fortune to mail so I may see if I can recoup my losses!</p>

<p>If you’re shipping via USPS, you can still use the PO Box address of:
[Student’s Name]
PO Box 86____
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486</p>

<p>I haven’t signed up for street addressing and will occasionally send boxes to my PO Box.</p>

<p>I’ve been informed that Roger Davis is no longer the acting postmaster. There will be a 3rd employee working at the Ferguson Center post office 3 days per week. It also is worth noting that mail is no longer sorted in Tuscaloosa and is instead sorted in Birmingham. </p>

<p>UA is trying to get its student mail service up and running before May with three USPS automated postal machines. The two current USPS employees are scheduled to retire in February (the original end of the USPS contract) and other USPS employees will take their place. The current PO Boxes will be moving downtown in late spring.</p>

<p>So what is happening with student mail for the spring semester? I smell a huge fiasco in the works here!!</p>

<p>My packages keep getting signed for at desk but DD never gets a notice they are there. I do like the element of surprise but need to give up on that. On bday when no packages had arrived for her I had to call and remind them they had signed for boxes nearly 48 hrs earlier before they found them. A bday cake and all her gifts and she calls me near in tears 15 min before post office to close on her bday disappointed she received nothing. This thread reminded me of something I sent as a surprise and never heard about- delivered the 18th at 11am and DD has been there everyday with no notice, no package. Argh. Addressed exactly as instructed. Sending cupcakes to be delivered next tue for election…hate thought that I wasted a TON of money on those. Hope the plan for next year works better than this.</p>

<p>i don’t think any of the mail/package service to campus is reliable enough to send something like cupcakes!</p>

<p>It may be worth calling Crimson2go. Although their website is very limited, they offer delivery from many more restaurants than I saw on their site. You could always call and ask if they deliver from one of the local bakeries.</p>

<p>We are only an hour away… If I were just a little closer I would seriously consider starting a business catering to OOS parents/students. I can bake some serious goodies and make a mean pot of soup. But I doubt I could make any profit and keep prices reasonable with current gas costs. Bummer! If anyone ever needs this type of service you could always PM me and we could discuss.</p>

<p>I called “Peggy” today (the queen of the P.O. at the Ferg). She was very nice and determined that the package was refused because, well, uh, not sure, ooops, mistake. She told me to take it back to the post office and have them send it back to her attention. Soooo, here we go again. Let’s see if this one makes it. At least I changed out the cookies. The 2-week old ones were a bit crumbly. Yuk. Care package adventure #2…updates to come…</p>

<p>There was a great deal at Georgetown Cupcake I took advantage of for election day. Hopefully it all works out. I keep telling DH if we lived closer to a university I could have a heck of a business. Short trips, airport runs, deliveries and running a big yard sale at the end of the year with profit sharing</p>

<p>So my package made it to the Ferg post office. Problem is I paid for Priority delivery and was told it should be there Thursday. No slip Thursday or Friday. DD picked box up today. Lesson learned is it is not worth the extra cash for Priority mail in this instance. Mailing her birthday gifts out this week and will just use regular parcel post.</p>

<p>why don’t you just use UPS or fedex ground to paty. they tell you what day it will be delivered, and i have never had it take longer than stated. sometimes it has been delivered before the date it was promised.</p>

<p>go to shipping sidekick to see rates for different carriers.</p>

<p>Don’t count on Paty to do any better. They’ve lost a FedEx package that contained my D’s absentee ballot! The tracking number shows it was delivered and signed for but they can’t locate it. She’a checking back every day. Ridiculous!</p>

<p>well, honestly, what i am using now is a friends mailbox. i mial stuff for my daughter to her friend. my daughter lives in a sorority house and they get UPS and fedex but no mail delivery. works perfectly every time.</p>

<p>but we had no issues with using paty in the past.</p>

<p>I had 2 packages sent to my son for Halloween (from 2 different places) to the post office and a large card that would fit in his post office box and he said he had no difficulty picking all three of them up on Friday. He even said the line wasn’t too bad. This was definitely better than the last time I sent something in late September!</p>

<p>Mike…doesn’t your DD live in? Can’t you send mail to her sorority’s PO box? I send mail and packages to my DD’s sorority’s PO box without a problem.</p>

<p>I also just sent a package with some Halloween treats to the Ferg address. Since I’m in a rural area it’s much easier to use USPS than to get somewhere that will ship FedEx or UPS. So, even though I’d seen this thread, I took a chance and sent a package out priority mail on Saturday, hoping that it’d get there by tomorrow.</p>

<p>My son texted earlier letting me know he’d received it today.</p>

<p>Other than the lines at the beginning of the year, I’ve had no issues shipping to the Ferg address.</p>

<p>My biggest issue is that his box expires in early Dec (6 months from our Bama Bound date). I haven’t yet seen much guidance on what happens once these boxes expire. Can they be renewed at that point? Will he have to go off-campus to get a po box for the remainder of the school year?</p>

<p>they never gave us the address to the PO box. : / i just mail to one of her sorority friends houses. it is kind of silly that there is no way to <strong>mail</strong> them something.</p>

<p>how many girls live in at your daughter’s house.</p>