Career Fairs

<p>The general/business career fair is today from 11-4. Most businesses are there to speak with graduating seniors, but there are businesses there seeking summer interns - it is NOT to early to start thinking about summer NOW.</p>

<p>From the Career Center’s FB page:</p>

<p>Good Morning! Today starts the Fall 2013 Career Fairs! The General Business Career Fair is today from 11am-4pm! All students must park in their normal parking lots on campus and ride the university buses to the Bryant Conference Center! Remember to dress professionally, bring copies of your resume, and your student identification cards. </p>

<p>The technical/engineering career fair is tomorrow, same time, 11-4. </p>

<p>I did have my son attend last year as a freshman.</p>

<p>Did your freshman son make any contacts for summer work or internships? </p>

<p>My senior daughter is there! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!</p>

<p>He did make one contact at a company he really liked, but at the time was thinking of travelling abroad and told them that he was not looking for a position last summer. They did take his resume and he’s hoping they are there again this year. He’s in Civil-E and there aren’t as many businesses recruiting in that area as there are in others.</p>

<p>(As it turned out he only went abroad for 10 days with Alabama Action Abroad and did wind up working as an intern but because he made the decision so late, we found another opportunity. But, I’m still glad he went to the career fair just for the experience.)</p>